Quantcast

who is your least favorite protagonist

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by RMCMage, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Player7

Player7 Active Member Regular

It seems we center around Final Fantasy X and upwards... Anyways, for me it was Khimahri. Basically the guy/monster was the weakest character in the game (perhaps in any of the FF games I´ve played). He became relevant only before fighting his fellow tribe members at his home mountain. Any good abilities that he could use would only be available at his "limit break" (I'm sure this has another name in this game). While he does protect Yuna from ill-intentioned meisters (...) he is basically a watchdog with no fighting skills.

As for a protagonist...I don't know if Tidus or Squall. Both have some father figure issue, yet I kinda understand them both... I can´t think of any other character as annoying as Kimahri even if he isn´t a protagonist. :p

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

Tidus is also my least favorite and it's partly why I never gave that game a chance. I guess I just didn't like the aesthetics and design of him and the game in general which is also partly why I never gave FF7 a chance. I'm more open to it now though and I probably can get over his design now as long as the gameplay is good.

3. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

Vaan, Tidus, Squall..... All of them are equally as dull. I really think sometimes the main protagnist suffers when it comes the character development. I mean those games have some great characters.. just not the main ones! I mean I loved Basch, Balthier, Fran.. so many other great choices for a main and they chose Vaan.

4. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

Mine was Khimari from FFX. I don't hate the character, I just think he was extremely bland and didn't really do anything unique enough to warrant him a spot in the cast. He was very underdeveloped.

5. DeeDee

I found Tidus kind of annoying even just looking at his face on the poster lol. I wouldn't say it bothered me that much though. I think I still would have played it if only the rest of the designs didn't seem boring to me but unfortunately I never really found much of it appealing.

aquaticneko likes this.
  6. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

Tidus was so annoying and insufferable to me personally that it made the game less enjoyable to play, so I'd have to go with him.

7. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

It took me such a long time to play that game just because I couldnt stand Tidus. Of all the final fantasy games, that one is maybe my least played, not counting the online ones since I didn't play those.

I really did not find Khimari all that bad. I mean, yes he was underdeveloped but I prefered him over the silly behavior of Tidus. I'd take almost anyone over Tidus.

8. DeeDee

I have an irrational dislike for Tidus for some reason. I think seeing his cheerful smile and his overall personality based on how he was designed just rubs me the wrong way. Even the way he looks just doesn't appeal to me at all though these days I'm more willing to give it a shot even if I don't like the characters that much as long as the gameplay itself is good.

9. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Vaan from FFXII is the worst protagonist in my opinion. Lightning is a close second.

Tidus is fine. He's a whining brat sometimes but his character growth throughout the story makes it up for his annoying personality at the beginning.