Quantcast

who is your least favorite protagonist

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by RMCMage, Dec 14, 2013.

1. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Mine would be Tidus from FF X the reason why I choose him over Van from XII is because even though you play as him the story does not revolve around him like it does with Tidus Van is more like a footnote in the story sort of speak.

2. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

Squall from Final Fantasy VIII. Plain and boring as no one else. I only liked his gunblade. Like FF VIII, he was a disappointing character. Not even half as great as Cloud.

3. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

The party from Final Fantasy I, they're just a buncha generic archetypes :p

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Tidus.. He's just so god damned whiney at first. It's irritating as all hell..

5. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

Tidus for me too. His constant whining about how his dad doesn't love him yadayada is freaking annoying.

6. Narukami

Well, his dad DOES turn into a goddamn whale of mass destruction, I think it's justified :p

7. jbeavis100

Whale.. god I forgot about that.

WHALE OF DESTRUCTION.

I feel like making a video about that for no reason..

8. Narukami

Haha! How could you forget? I don't think I could possibly forget the whale...

9. jbeavis100

It's been awhile since I finished that game. I suppose that means I need to go through it again. Time to listen to Tedious Tidus..

10. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

I have a stupid reason but mine is Cloud. His haircut is just so stupid. It makes me angry looking at him. GRR!

11. jbeavis100

Is it just because his hair defies physics? Because I can understand that!

12. Narukami

I think you're just jelly of that amazing haircut, bro!

13. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

So jelly. That shit is so sharp it would probably cut my scalp. In the same ballpark is Sora from kingdom hearts. His big feet and parachute pants just piss me off for some reason. I feel so shallow lol.

14. jbeavis100

Parachute pants? Oh My God they are. I never thought about it like that..

15. Narukami

You know, those parachute pants could be really damn useful!

16. jbeavis100

That's why he clearly never died when falling a long way. The pants slowed his fall!

17. forte210392

forte210392 Active Member

My favorite would be Zack Fair from Final Fantasy VII. He was cheery, yet bad ass at the same time. He was also one of the few people to go up against Sephiroth, and he pretty much set the way for Cloud Strife's story.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

Least favorite protagonist? So I guess I can't cheat and say FFI or FFIII because there isn't really a protagonist, unless you count Warrior of Light and Onion Knight in Dissidia. I guess that also rules out FFXI and FFXIV because those are the MMOs where you can make your own character. I suppose if I had to choose a least favorite, I'd choose Hope from FFXIII. Even so, he has redeeming factors, so I don't dislike him.

19. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Vaan in Final Fantasy XII. By far. He's so dull. Dude is the point guard for the whole game, yet he virtually disappears from the plot less than a quarter of the way in, only popping up again for side stuff and the occasional conversation. I know the point was to have a bystander watching the actual movers and shakers, but Vaan needs to have some effect on the plot, besides helping in battle. I'd rather have Tidus over him.

In fairness, though, Vaan got better in some of the other games. Didn't mind him in Revenant Wings.

20. galactica

galactica Member Regular

Vaan somehow manages to be as boring as Squall and as annoying as Tidus. And he's uglier than both.