Quantcast

Who is your favorite squadmate?

Discussion in 'Mass Effect' started by idlecuriosities, Feb 28, 2014.

1. idlecuriosities

idlecuriosities Well-Known Member

Out of the 3 games who was your favorite squadmate? I think mine was Garrus. The relationship that he and Shepard developed was a pretty strong friendship. It shows how humanity has moved past the First Contact War and can coexist with other alien species and vice versa.

GamerPerson likes this.
  2. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I liked using Miranda & James, they were my favourites... always crushed the battle zones with them at my side, won some good prizes

3. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I like Garrus a lot, as well. He is a constant squad mate in my team most of the time. I also use Liara a lot, as well as Ashley.

4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

My favorites are Ashley I and James I use them most of the time!

5. Chris_A

I did not use Vega much in my first playthrough, because I needed some versatility in my group and he is just a simple grunt, but I plan on using him on my other playthroughs, just to hear his lines and comments to certain situations.

6. Zwong777

Zwong777 Member

My favorite is Garrus as well, for some odd reason, he just reminds me of the badass Sub-Zero from the Mortal Kombat series.

7. queenbee

queenbee Well-Known Member

I always play on low difficulty modes, so ability in combat or co-ordinating teams was never that important for me. I always just brought along my favourite characters, or those who had an interesting dynamic. I love Garrus and Tali, who I'd circle with Jack or Liara usually. But Garrus and Tali most of all, because they came with you across all the three games.

8. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

Garrus! Oh my God, he was too adorkable! Someone you could chill with at the bar, to have at your six, be an excellent shot, getting COMPLETELY flustered when it comes to women; all the while trying to keep that bad ass appearance.

This is all the reasons why I LOVE Garrus Vakarian!

9. Rado.ko

Rado.ko Member

Garrus is definetely Shepard's best friend, no doubt. I use him quite often, he is there from the first game and his story troughout the trilogy is great. I like how you find him in the second game, it felt great when I found out that he was Archangel. I had the feeling it's him but nevertheless it felt good to have him back. I often used Tali, Thane or Samara in combination with him. The rooftop in the last dlc was pretty good. Thane was a great companion too, I'd say he comes next in my list. He is a loyal friend, a brutal murder but with sense of moral. His story was great too, I liked the mission with his son. He plays a great part in the third game, fighting agains the Cerberus assassin to save you even though he is sick.

10. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I like Garrus as well and also James. I always put them to my squad. They are the perfect team for me.

11. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

That was one of the main reasons I HAD to romance him in the second game. I would have done it in the first game, but my only choices were Kaiden and Liara...*sigh*
    In the end, I chose to stay single so when I used my save file for the second game, I made a beeline for him and didn't quit until he was mine!

12. Chris_A

Hahaha, I can simpatize with you on that. I really loved Garrus a ton as a best friend. The first Mass Effect did not really have any good romances for females at all. Although the Ashley romance was really good, if you played male Shep. I romanced her in the 3rd game as well.

13. SereneAngel88

If I could swap Liara for Ashley, I probably would have. Hell Tali would have been preferable, and I was sorely disappointed to not get her. Granted she was for guys while Garrus was for the ladies to make it equal. I sent Kaiden to Virmire without a second thought though I would have preferred to drop kick him to the planet just as the explosion went off as a testament to how much I disliked him.

14. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

Thane, was the best for me. An enigmatic assassin who holds a certain reverence for the balance between life and death. Thane's loyalty mission, where you must reunite him with his estranged son, was one of the best missions in the game, and gave you a better understanding of the character and what drives him. Thane is definitely one of the best characters in the series. His depth and complexity is bar none overall.

I think it was mostly due to my personal preference to playing enigmatic assassins in tabletop RPGs that drew me to Thane as well.

15. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

Tali, hands down. I really love the quarians in general, really. I did not expect to like Tali as much as I did, but I just fell in love with her character! Some dorky engineer girl who carries around an enormous shotgun. I love her! I was going to romance Miranda on one of my ME2 renegade runs, but I just couldn't bring myself to! To this day, I have yet to not romance Tali on an Mshep playthrough.

16. Chris_A

Yeah well, Tali was really bad in the end as well. Because if you romanced her across all the three games, you got really disappointed at the end. I don`t want to spoil anything, but you get to see her without her helmet on, and the amount of effort the devs put into designing her face is laughable. And I do not mean that she is ugly or anything.

17. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990 Active Member

Garrus all the way. I like his personality and he showed me how true friendship is not bound to your own species. My heart was racing when I thought he was going to die in the Archangel mission.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

My thoughts as well. I really like Garrus not only as a character, but as a person too. I could probably just go out and drink a beer with him talking about our lives, that's how close you can become to him.

19. SereneAngel88

I've heard and read all about that little tidbit. I wouldn't have really cared all too much if they didn't showed her face and just left it to the player's imagination. It's not like I would have a hard time imagining a pretty woman's face that could belong to her anyway...

20. Tanis

Tanis Active Member Regular

Always bring the Krogan, if only for dry wit and heavy firepower. In Mass Effect 3 though, I always took the bro team - James and Garrus. When I saw Freddie Prinz Jr. in previews, I thought he'd be playing an obnoxious meathead and I'd never, ever let James off of Normandy. James turned out to be one of my favourite characters and just as well, since he replaced the Krogan for Mass Effect 3. Throw in Garrus for extra firepower and wit and you've got a team for a lifetime.