Quantcast

Who is your favorite Final Fantasy character?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by lindbergh, Aug 31, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

When I first plopped my Final Fantasy VIII CD on my PS X and watched the opening cinema, I idolized Squall outright. I wanted to imitate his long hair and style. His silent brooding attitude also is similar to mine so he's my favorite FF character. What about you?

2. andy103

andy103 Active Member

I never played Final Fantasy VIII, though I still would like to. Personally I was always a big fan of Cloud for FFVII and I liked pretty much all of the characters in FFX.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Mine is Leon only because I like his weapon the gunblade!

4. Tykain

Tykain Member

Squall has been my favorite FF character ever since I played FF VIII pretty much for the same reasons as you.
    And I think VIII is underrated, btw. Although I think VII is still my favorite, but VIII is not far behind.

5. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

Vivi from FFIX. He is an old school black mage. I really like that he does not have any facial feature but his glowing eyes. He is charming and the best and most powerful character in the game

6. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

My favorite Final Fantasy character is Zidaine. He's got a go-too attitude and I wouldn't exactly call him a goody two shoes kind of person; which is nice to see in a protagonist for the Final Fantasy series. He makes a lot of choices throughout the game that a lot of us can relate to in some way or other.

7. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

I agree with Vivi! He's so cute and innocent and also very powerful. His storyline in FFIX was also very good and made me sympathize for him. He's my favorite character in IX.

8. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I'd have to go with Rikku from Final Fantasy X or the main character from Tactics.

9. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

Rikku is great, I love how cutesy she is and she makes an amazing addition to the list of characters from Final Fantasy X. I feel like I'm missing an obvious character here but its been so long since I played anything past 6 that I am having trouble remembering a lot of the characters.

10. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

Zidaine and Vivi. Zidaine for his sunny personality that doesn't go to annoying levels and Vivi because he's really innocent.

11. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite character happens to be a small black mage who carries an even bigger punch. Vivi from IX was just always so cute to me. He's as innocent as a child, as well as the most emotional of the group. He also is the one with the saddest background, and it helps me become more attached to the little guy.

12. zephyrain

zephyrain Member

Squall Leonheart. DO YOU SEE THAT GUNBLADE? While using magic and shit?
    I mean, I would totally rock one in ANY game if it permits.

13. fatguy39

fatguy39 Active Member

Will the spinoffs count? If it does, my favorite character would be Ramza Beoulve. His resolve is absolutely chivalrous, and, if you are aware of the story of Final Fantasy Tactics (War of the Lions for the PSP), then you'll find him to be quite the character. To pursue true good against the false good, which is the context of manipulation to produce good.

As a side note, if you ever are interested in playing Final Fantasy Tactics, try the one on the PSP instead. It may have some hang-ups regarding animation, but at least the translation is better; ignore the naysayers who don't comprehend how poetic dialogue works, haha!

Bar Master: What would you like good sir?
    Ramza: Ah, I would like some milk please.
    Bar Master: Haha! A fine choice! I like you already!

14. mmchayle

mmchayle Member

Squall has got to be my favorite by far. He was like me in many ways the lead by example kind of guy. Didn't talk much but got stuff done. Cloud would be my second favorite.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

I thought Sir Auron from X was a pretty badass old guy, especially when he turned out to be undead. I also kind of like Lulu because of her mysterious personality and amazing costume.

16. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

I always really liked Caius. He is the only villain that I symphatized with because his goals were clear and his motivation was understandable. He is also one of the only villains that has succeeded in his own game, I think Kefka has also done this but eventually it didn't work out.

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

Squal is also my favorite, but mostly because FF8 is the game I played the most and it's the version that appealed to me best. I've also gotten to play Crisis Core and I've seen the movie so I'm a little familiar with the other characters but I still prefer Squal. A close second would be Sephiroth but I don't know much about him.