Who is excited about Warplots?

Discussion in 'Wildstar' started by pinkring, Aug 7, 2013.

1. pinkring

pinkring Well-Known Member

I super excited for warplots myself. Siege warfare and castle crashing was something that was always promised in MMO's past but never felt epic or engaging. However, with all the work they are putting into them and all the plans they have to make warplots awesome, full faith in Carbine's ability to do this right and make a PvPer out of me.

2. cg303

cg303 Member

The way this game is being put together and the lack of seriousness behind the dev videos, I have high hopes for anything they put on the table.
    They seem to have fun with their work and enjoy building a game, and as we have seen in all of the other videos that have launched
    the game appears to have a lot of love put into it.

3. Ananda

Ananda Member

I am really excited about warplots. It's been a very long time since I've seen a game get into massive world pvp (since SWG). In fact I think Wildstar in general is addressing a lot of what people have been missing in the current genre of MMORPG's, the things that make you feel like you have a pixelated life that needs tending to. I can't wait to play this game.

4. Lodismel

Lodismel Well-Known Member

The main thing that kept me invested in playing GW2 for so long was the WvW. I'm hoping that Wildstar has a similarly great PvP experience. It doesn't have to be similar I'm just looking for another game with really good PvP. If the PvE side is actually fun as well then that would be a big bonus.

5. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

What do Warplots consist of exactly? I've been following more the PvE and crafting aspects of the game.

6. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

That looks awesome, I cannot wait for it to be properly released, it will rock by the looks of things.

7. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

This sounds amazing, but WoW is doing it too. Finally after all this time, they are doing it. It should have been done a long time ago in my opinion.

8. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

Really when did that piece of info come out, I haven't heard about WoW doing anything of the sort.

9. Oakster

What is WoW doing exactly? Can someone fill me in on this?

10. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

WoW introduced siege warfare to the game with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. However, its not very complex and you basically just mount a catapult and hit a few buttons to shoot missiles. I would not consider it siege warfare. I`m sure Warplots will be much more epic then that.

11. Oakster

That's true, I remember raiding Ulduar and always wanting to be on a catapult, that was really fun, it's a shame it was such a small part of it.
    I think you were only on the vehicles for the first boss.