Which was the best part in metro 2033?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by princemubz007, Oct 10, 2012.

1. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

for me it was when bourbon get caught by the guards while artyom is in the small tunnel, i just love that part well just the tunnel and the stealth killing.

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The entirety of the Frontline level... god, I love it so much. It gave as much choice as Thief, without sacrificing any of Metro's core values. The very definition of non-linear gameplay in a mostly linear environment. I wish more of the game's chapters were like that, but I understand the narrative would have suffered if we were given complete freedom - so I don't mind.

3. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

As much as I love fighting mutants the Frontlines level is still my favourite.

For the stealth play through I kill every single soldier with my throwing knives. Without alerting anyone ofc.
    Everyone says that if you sneak through missions you don't get as much gear like ammo etc. but that's simply not true.

4. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

The whole part where you have Bourbon as companion was simply amazing....The Frontline level is good too.

5. princemubz007

frontline is good as well but i prefer the part where bourbon get caught by the bandits...

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yes, that part was great too (first time you see the surface, first open-ended level with the bandit station etc.).

7. princemubz007

ye, that part made me feel like a stealth killer....;)

8. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Khan part!!! Also working with Bourbon was also awesome, made me understand combat and the metro much better :D

9. princemubz007

You got that 100% right, and BTW Khan said some good qoutes during the journey...;)

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I love how they've made a new look for Khan in Last Light - he deserved it; looked way too generic in 2033. Glad they changed it and made him more unique. :)

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

My favorite part must be the beginning of D6, after escaping the anomaly in the train. After travelling unbearable long ways alone, I found it very pleasant to be part of a larger group that was strategicly moving. Felt good to finally not be alone, and to be with more than one other person.

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I remember liking that a lot too, especially from a narrative point of view. I will never forget Ulman's brilliant comments. :lol: But still, from a gameplay perspective, Frontline remains my favourite. It is like a playground for the player.

13. princemubz007

ye the new look looks good on khan, the old one made him look scary;)

14. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

Working with Bourbon was awesome, as everyone's been saying :p

But also, during the first level of the game was also very nice, very immersive for me at least, From walking though the station, to grabbing that Revolver and right down to hopping on that cart. Makes me wish that every station had much more to it, more people to talk to and the such

15. princemubz007

Ye i know, we did some interesting missions with him, the AK he promised to give us is in the tunnel where we hide while Bourbon gets taken by the Bandits, he forget to give it us so we just took it off him ;)

16. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

I like black station and anomaly

17. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

I did like 'defense' quite a lot. the feeling of being doomed, no matter what, and still fighting to the end. and the sense of unity with others, although you know most probably they are all going to die.

18. princemubz007

ye, all missions in METRO are good as the all include stealth and the feeling of being doomed ;)

19. pulkmees

pulkmees Member

Defense.I like how far away it is from Artyom´s home station and the place it has in the story´s arc.You´ve gone through lots of fighting and then you have to go fight for some other people, which is not even related to the story. Also afterwards you get a child in your back, so it´s like they put you through a lot of shit, so when you come out the other end, it really feels like you accomplished something.
    I love the music that plays after the fight too.(Which is Ghost Tunnel and it fits here too)
    And of course the Lurkers afterwards, which were damn scary the first time(as they
    don´t make sound when they close in on you)

20. metro

metro Member

i liked the end