Quantcast

Which style of talking do you choose?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age' started by KKrage, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Oddball

Oddball Active Member

I like to change it up from character to character. The first time in Inquisition I was very aloof, smart, and pragmatic. The second go around I was more sarcastic/funny. The third I was more aggressive and exacting. My latest one is a bit of a mix of the last two. I almost always play myself the first time through, though.

2. tubestud

tubestud Well-Known Member Regular

First time I play new games I always choose the lawful good style. Not hurt any feelings, always be on the side of good, things like that. I choose the romance option wherever possible, of course. On my second playthrough, I go the exact opposite route. It always makes me sad, but it has to be done. I don't want to move on and ask myself "What if."

3. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member Regular

I always try to be nice and hear the NPCs out. So I am almost never aggressive, unless the NPC has wronged or provoked me in some way. It could also be said that I am a bit manipulative, in the sense that I approach them depending on how they want to be approached (sarcastically, realistically etc) in order to get the most out of the dialogue and make them like me.

4. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I like sounding like a smartass in games and it's even more hilarious when I'm facing bosses. I think that's why I tend to like Dragon Age 2 better since it gives me the option to have my character be a smartass in every interaction.

5. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

First playthrough I try to be good and honest, pretty straightforward gameplay. The next time I would go sarcastic and devious, basically not giving a fuck what I would say.

6. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990 Active Member

During my first playthrough, I always respond in the way I would in real life. It all depends on the situation. Generally I am nice with a bit of a joking/sarcastic side, though I can get very stern when the situation demands it. I have a lot of fun seeing how the characters react to the "real" me.

After my first playthrough, I will switch to an all-"good" or all-"bad" talking style to see how things go.

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

I try to go with what feels best. My character is always one of the "I wish I wasn't part of this, but I am, so I'll help the best I can" types. Though I have picked options that sounded menstrual, but ended up being aggressive. :oops:

8. IgCho

IgCho Active Member Regular

I can never bring myself to go the evil route so I'm usually your standard goody two shoes. I also like the humurous options as well.

9. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Usually humorous / sarcastic ones. I like playing bad guys occasionally, but I find Bioware's options are more aggressive than I would like. Not every bad guy is automatically a crazed barbarian. A halfway between sarcastic / humourous and evil would be nice.

10. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member Regular

I'm usually choose the reassuring/good/ supportive dialogue. I think that's how I am in real life, so I usually play that way in games. I try to play more of the renegade type but I just can't do it. I know it's a game but something within myself can't choose that route. I will sometimes choose humor but for the most part I try to be supportive to my fellow companions. Whenever they ask me to go help them with mission, I always agree. I never say I don't have time for this. Maybe I'm a bit of a push over. But that's the way I play these games.

11. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I feel abit silly saying this. However, I sometimes make "good" characters or "evil" characters. I choose choices according to how I feel they would behave doing or saying certain things. In a way i'm playing as someone rather than it being me.