Which Publisher Would You Prefer?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Teddy Picker, Jan 21, 2013.

?

Which Publisher Would You Prefer?

1. EA

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Ubisoft

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Warner Brothers

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Activision Blizzard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other (elaborate)

23 vote(s)
    76.7%
  1. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

And now we play the waiting game...

3. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Do you mean DRM free?

4. cerberus

Indeed, a DRM-free on GoodOldGames.com ;)

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

By who? I know that 4A Games most likely holds all of the rights to the engine they created for both games and the assets they have created for Last Light, but they do not own the name. Technically, Koch Media could get rid of 4A, but that would also mean that they would have to build a new game from scratch which would be counter-productive at this point and, like I said, "strategically retarded".

6. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Actually DEEPSILVER have only bought the rights to publsih metro not metro as a whole. In other words if 4a don't want to agree they can indeed object.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yes, they have the publishing rights for the Metro franchise. So even if 4A Games object, then Last Light still cannot be released under any other publisher without Koch Media's permission unless it was with a different name and no mention of Metro 2033.

8. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Why are you guys thinking that Deep Silver will remove 4A? They aren't stupid. If they did things like that they wouldn't be in business for more than 2 weeks. They know that Metro 2033 turned out pretty good selling I think over 1.5 million copies (though it had an extremely slow start) and Metro 2033 is a low budget game. THQ saw how much money it can generate and gave a ton of cash to 4A and said "Mak M3tro plux". Last Light was one of the best games shown at E3 (won the award) and there is a shit ton of hype for the game. Everyone knows 4A loves the work they do and loves the Metro franchise so there is no way Koch media will fire them. In fact we might see more developers come into play to help polish the game!

Though Metro isn't really a game for DLC so unless there is a good multiplayer added later then they can't really milk any more money from it. Ranger mode was barely able to be added as dlc they had to release 2 extra guns to make it right and it only cost like 2 bucks (I think somewhere around that amount...).

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

We're not saying they will. I'm pretty sure I've said that they would have to be stupid to do that about three times now.

10. Crossing

Crossing Well-Known Member

I would completely prefer deep silver. I would not have ever said anything different. (Keep on their good side:lol:)

11. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Well so far I was wrong about Dead Silver and I apologize. :( But it doesn't change my feelings on Dead Island was a console port for the PC. :D

I know Metro won't be but if DS do acquire 4A for further Metro games if Last Light is a success then I hope that it does not become a console port.

12. cerberus

Haven't played Dead Island yet but I very much enjoyed Cursed Mountain and to a certain extent Catherine. What went wrong with the PC version of Dead Island exactly?

13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Poorly optimized, Bad graphics, Bad keyboard support (seriously who play an fps on PC with a controller?), As well as a lack of true support for anything the PC can do that consoles can't.

14. cerberus

That's a shame.
    I do. The way I see it, kb&m is only required for twitchy fast-paced first-person shooters.

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Not really. I mean you obviously have your preferences. you're just the first person I've seen who prefers a controller in an fps.

16. cerberus

To illustrate my point: I wouldn't ever play a twitchy FPS like Unreal Tournament with a controller. But Bioshock or Metro 2033, which both feature slower-paced gunplay (and after watching a few gameplay videos, I'm fairly certain Dead Island falls into the same category), feel completely natural to me with a controller I wouldn't have it any other way.

17. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

18. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

^ Even more thankful about Deep Silver now. Jeez, all hell would have been let lose if Ubisoft got their hands on this gem :(

19. cerberus

I would've been a sad panda. And that's putting it lightly.

20. Skaara Dreadlocks

Since there's so much talk about EA, I thought this'd fit here.
    [YOUTUBE]?v=tS4Fxs7ffhw[/YOUTUBE]