Quantcast

Which Pokemon title did you like the least?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by troutski, Jan 19, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Title says it all, but I am referring to main games rather than stupid spin-offs. Which Pokemon game was your least favorite and why? I wasn't a fan of X/Y to be honest.

2. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

Fire Red and Leaf Green. I don't really have a reason to dislike either of these games, yet I still do. There's just something about them that annoys me. I think it's because it didn't really recapture the original Pokemon in a way that would've worked like later Pokemon games did.

3. GoldenWing

GoldenWing Member

There's something about Diamond and Pearl that really bothers me...it's likely it's because it's the generation that brought so many seemingly unneeded evolutions, as I remember that's something that bothered me a lot. They felt like filler, as if they couldn't think of anything else to do.

That's the only game I have never bothered to replay.

4. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member Regular

I agree. I wasn't a huge fan of X/Y. I don't know what it was; it just didn't feel like the old games for me. They were good, but something about them put me off a little. Similarly, Fire Red and Leaf Green weren't my favourites, either. I did love Diamond, though!

5. Ridge

Ridge Active Member Regular

I never finished Pearl. I don't remember why. It's been too long, but I know that generation was the only one I never finished.

6. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member Regular

I think the Yellow version wasn't my favorite. I mean, I didn't like they released a version just to match the anime series... X/Y weren't my favs either. I prefer Ruby / Sapphire and R / B .

7. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

I think the original Ruby and Sapphire were my least favorite. I didn't like how they removed certain features, like the day/night cycle and I didn't really enjoy exploring the region all that much. People like to joke about it, but I really do think the games had way too much water and surfing, which made exploring kind of a drag.

8. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

The newer generations tick me off just because I'm no longer familiar with all the new Pokemons. I stick to old school gaming primarily and Pokemon X/Y is probably my least favorite, a title which I'm seeing on this forum isn't favored upon at all. I don't need to wonder why-- it doesn't have nostalgic appeal.

9. TheKnight

TheKnight New Member

I don't like Platinum. Well, I like to play it but it's my least favorite. There isn't any new Pokemon you can't get on Diamond or Pearl and it's basically just a mix of 2 generations which is lame to me. Nice looking game but I didn't even enjoy it much.

10. edy

edy Active Member Regular

For me, it was Pokemon Yellow. This game came out either for Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance, I believe. It was cheap and lame in imitating Pokemon Red and Blue.

11. tony

tony Well-Known Member Regular

Well I am not sure to prefer any over the other whether the X/Y or Rubby/Sapphire. Maybe I am a fan of both.

12. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member Regular

I never really liked Pokemon X and Y. It just seemed way different that the generic stuff I was used to. I haven't really followed up on Pokemon games since their releases so it may also be me growing up.

13. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

I would say for me, Pokemon emerald didn't really appeal to me as much. Though, it was a good game, it did give you the chance to catch rayquaza at level 70 before the pokemon league.

14. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member Regular

I have the same thoughts as you.

15. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member Regular

I agree.

16. Blader70

I haven't really had the chance to play yellow. Considering you can get all the starters plus pikachu, I figured it would of gotten a lot more praise.

17. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member Regular

I think Ruby and Sapphire titles were good. And it was also nice designed. So I think I'd go with those titles.

18. CakeJake

CakeJake Member

Pokemon Emerald. I don't know, just didn't have the same appeal to me as the other titles.

19. Blader70

I think many feel the same way. It didn't have much to offer that Ruby and Sapphire didn't already give. Aside from catching Rayquaza early.