Quantcast

Which platform do you play Skyrim on?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by Sam, Jan 30, 2015.

1. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member Regular

I first tested it with my friend's Playstation but afterwards saw it in Steam and bought it for my PC.

2. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Absolutely PC, I just can't play RPGs on consoles. The only RPG I played on a console was Dragon Age II. Maybe that's why I didn't like it? Nah, it was 'cause it sucked :D

3. AsiaCS

AsiaCS Member Regular

I play on PS3 because, even though I had an Xbox 360 before we got together, my husband thought I'd want it replaced with a PS3. Ideally, I would have played Skyrim on a desktop but I didn't have a computer at the time. The modding support for TES has always been pretty phenomenal.

4. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

PC of course. Forever mods haha. Some games I can get by with console but something like Skyrim I would play on PC given its nature.

5. DeathXXXXGun

DeathXXXXGun Member Regular

For now I am playing it on the xbox, but I do intend to play it on PC as my experience on the PC is way higher, and Skyrim runs perfectly on it!

-DeathXGun

6. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

It's because of their engine and modding kit allowing for modifying a lot of the game data pretty easily since Morrowind. Many games would have great modding support, if it were not for publishers and developers hindering or outright banning modding, which is an attitude I don't understand since modding support has been proven to be pretty profitable ( just look at Skyrim sales numbers on the PC ).

AsiaCS likes this.
  7. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member Regular

PC. I ended up getting the Elder Scrolls Anthology series they released and it's honestly been a blast playing through the history of TES series. Of course the vast community of mods which add endless replay ability and graphics upgrades are nice as well.

8. Alaire

Alaire Member Regular

I play Skyrim on PC, primarily because I haven't owned a gaming console since the release of XBox360, and also because everyone bought it for PC while I was on deployment. I was fortunate enough to win a copy in a raffle.

Eventually, though, one or two people on my ship were lucky enough to be able to accommodate a TV and console onboard, and I watched them play. I think what they did looks a great deal more comfortable.

I still have never modded Skyrim (gasp!) for fear of perma-breaking my files, but the knowing that I have the option available is greatly comforting. I might someday take advantage of that if I could make up my mind which mods would adequately suit my tastes.

9. Kayla Bishop

Kayla Bishop Member Regular

I started off playing Skyrim on a laptop. Then, my laptop died, and I lost everything. After that I purchased Skyrim and all of the DLC's for the Xbox 360. Just a few weeks ago someone robbed me, so now I'm going to start fresh for the third time on my new PC. Wish me luck.

10. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member Regular

I play on my laptop because I got over playing consoles some time back. Also, because I have a bad habit of getting bored anywhere and at anytime, so I need my games with me at all times :)

11. SecretPaladin

SecretPaladin Active Member Regular

Playing Skyrim on my laptop as it is the only device I have currently. No more consoles for me sadly as I sold them a long time ago, so I'm enjoying the highly customisable functions of Skyrim for computers, haha.

12. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

PC. It has mods, great performance, and you can tweak it to make the performance even better. There are 8 individual hotkeys that you can use to assign favorite items and skills, and the mouse control is more accurate than the analog stick in controllers will ever be. All in all, it's the much better platform for a game like Skyrim, and I really haven't made any regrets not playing it on the Playstation or any other platform out there.

13. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

For me it was the PS3, it was one of the first games that I got on the system and for a while I was addicted to it.