Quantcast

Which platform do you play Skyrim on?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by Sam, Jan 30, 2015.

1. ellie

ellie Member

PC because it was in a steam sale XD

2. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Like the OP said, I play on the PC mainly because of two reason:
    - the first one is that I don't own a console
    - the second one is because of the modding software and the fact that I can push the graphics limit higher than what I could do with a console.

3. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

I first played on PS3, but since I've gotten my PC, primarily PC. I love being able to mod my game. Granted, I feel slightly less motivated to complete certain quests on PC, since I've already completed them on PS3. (The Thieves' Guild fetch quests come to mind.) I still think that I more enjoy the game on PC, though.

4. Tanis

Tanis Active Member Regular

PC for mods is the end-all for me. I'm generally in favour of PC gaming over other options, but the massive mod community for Skyrim, plus opportunities to make the game look absolutely stunning take it for me on PC. I also think that console controllers limit the potential of interesting new control options from mods that mouse and keyboard can take advantage of.

When it comes to Skyrim, I'll always stand by PC. Steam Workshop and nexusmods make Skyrim a refreshing game every time I play it and I'd be without that if I used consoles for Skyrim.

5. iCaliBri

iCaliBri Member

Went from the PS3 version to the PC version. Experienced a few performance drops on my PS3. Graphics aren't bad. Looks quite good on my PC. I'll just plug in my PC to my TV, plug in my X-360 controller and lay back.

6. guruproto

guruproto Active Member Regular

The PC is my favorite platform for Skyrim and arguably the best. One reason for this is Skyrim's vast modding community. The amount of things you can change on the PC is immense; you can craft the perfect Skyrim experience and tailor almost every aspect of the game to your liking. My favorite mods to install are the realism mods. I want to be immersed while playing Skyrim, and realism mods help capture that feeling.

7. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I had the 360 version because my laptop wasn't capable of running it despite the fact that I wanted Mods. That changed when a friend sold me their desktop and I immediately bought the PC version of the game and all the Mods that caught my eye to play my game with.

8. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

I play Skyrim on the PC because it's the only way I play. I no longer have an xbox or playstation due to bills but let me tell ya that added mod for Skyrim PC makes me incredibly happy that I'm part of the PC master race. :)

9. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

PC, I like the controls better, the graphics are much better and the mod support is essential for me. I can't imagine playing a Bethesda game without Mods. The base game was fun on first playthrough, but I can't see myself doing a clean no-mod playthrough again.

10. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

Played it on Xbox when it first came out, tried it on PC more recently and it is hands down and far and away better.

11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

PC, always. Sure, I love console gaming, but a PC does everything a console does, only better. Especially if we're talking about open-world games with mods. Now, you might say that mods are coming to Xbox One for Fallout 4, but let's face it: those mods will be heavily curated and censored.

12. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

PC. I like the fact that you have total control over the game, what with all the modding and stuff. But I'm not a fan of the keyboard and mouse controls so I plug in a regular 360 controller.

13. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

Skyrim has some excellent mods available for the PC. Plus there is command console access. Plug in a cheap wired 360 controller and you are ready .

14. Christian46

Christian46 Well-Known Member Regular

I've played it on PC since release. I like being able to mod the game because it keeps it fun.

15. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

I play on PC because... well it runs much better on it. Modding support is a plus.

16. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I play Skyrim exclusively on PC. I would not have it otherwise, to be honest, because of the huge and awesome modding community that the game has. Playing Skyrim on consoles cuts you out on a ton of really great and free enhancements that the game got through the community.

17. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

It's an inferior game on the consoles even without modding support.

18. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member Regular

PS3 and later PC, which is the way to go for games like Skyrim imo.

19. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member Regular

I managed to get Skyrim for about half the price a little while back on Steam, so PC it is for me. I'm a cheap ass. :D

20. PackmanHD

PackmanHD Member

I used to play the game on my Xbox 360, then a few years later I got really in to Steam and its sales, and then I picked up Skyrim on a sale. After that I've loved it on PC, I just think the mods are amazing, and can give you an experience that isn't possible on a console. It is also pretty fun just starting from the beginning again and working my way back through the game!