Which monster creeped you out the most?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. amd955ben560

amd955ben560 Well-Known Member

In Ranger Hardcore I just ran and ran, ran with all I had, never explored the station, the aim was quite sluggish due to the child :|

2. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

Librarian on my first run, and lurkers the first time as well.

3. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

Trying to kill lurkers with a knife and a child on your back on ranger mode hardcore was unnerving

4. Blaastoid

Blaastoid Member

Creepy Monster Reply

The Mutant that creeped me out the most was probably the Librarians. These big, ape like mo fo's that stared you down and would just charge at you. Then came the little Lurkers that was pretty annoying, yet scared the crap outta you when 2 or 3 would run up behind you and attack, it got especially creepy and annoying when you were carrying Sasha on your shoulders and it was hard to walk, turn around, and shoot.

5. Paradigm-Spirit

Every goddamn mutant/phenomenon/event potentially scared the shit out of me, but one of my worst moments was in Dead City with the fuggin' Howlers and Demons.

Here I am, my gas mask fogging up, my breath catching short, crawling through a wrecked building, my shotgun/duplet shells almost depleted...and then I hear that blood-curdlin', motherfuggin' howl again. Then I'm swarmed by these deformed creatures that look like a rat, a wolf and a spider decided to have an orgy, and their mouthparts are clamping onto my body and puncturing my gas mask, and I'm screaming and bleeding and firing my gun and hitting nothing...

Ugh. Freak. It still gives me the damn chills.

Also, when I saw that Howler playing dead...I tried to walk past it, when suddenly it rears up and starts snapping at me with it's four milky eyes and hinged jaws! I stabbed that mofo in the face as hard and as fast as I could. I still almost died.

The nosalises scared me when running through tunnels, because their snarls echoed and made it seem like I was surrounded.

The scene when you try to grab that ammo and the Librarian grabs a hold of your head and tries to yank you through the wall? That was crazy scary! I really though that was an event you couldn't escape from, and that you would eventually die.

The ghosts were kinda scary, especially when it cames to kids screaming. I just hated having to walk past all those corpses who had been killed by such psychic phenomena. Dead bodies freak me out when they are in a supernatural area.

The Dark Ones didn't scare me at all, for some reason.

I hated Lurkers. As many people pointed out, the level "Child" firmly embedded them as the most despised rat bastards of the Metro.

Demons were really fuggin' scary. They could kill you with a single blow, could lift you up into the air and drop you to your death from hundreds of feet up in the air, and every time they roared, I flinched. It's like a Siberian Tiger grew wings.

#65 Paradigm-Spirit, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  6. Mr_Streaker69

Mr_Streaker69 Active Member

Nah, no way guys...the BITCHES were the scariest

Nah jokes, Librarians for sure. What's up with their mouths? Freaky...

7. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

Lurkers creep me out the most. Mainly because they pop out of nowhere in groups and attack you and run away. Scares the crap out of me.:shocked:

8. MRJOEYBON

MRJOEYBON Member

Librarians. I always end up just sprinting away in some sort of mad dash from them. I mostly just run through the bottom of the library as fast as possible because I can't fight them.

9. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

Defs Librarian, the first ones were easy to defeat but those black ones i thought you could stare down aswell but the first time i saw one keep charging at me and like 2 others just around the corner i nearlly crapped myself :'(

10. The Dark Ones

The Dark Ones Well-Known Member

Librarians but I sure as f**k hated those bloody lurkers!

11. DarkCougar555

DarkCougar555 Well-Known Member

I hate plated-nosalises. They scared me so easy. *whimpers*

12. princemubz

princemubz Active Member

LIBRARIANS CREEPED THE HELL OUT OF ME, they are hard to kill and if you don't have weapons then you have no other choice except from running like mad!

13. Spitfire777

Spitfire777 Member

3 gas masks , all revolver an d5.56mm ammo and only 16 more uboinik shells = 2 dead librarias :S

Theyre pretty scary

14. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

You could just stare them down anyway!

15. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

I've actually never managed to stare down a librarian. I stand still it comes closer and closer and then moves back a bit and then attack.:eek: same thing every time:S

16. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Following the ranger's advice, if it approaches you, slowly back away. It does work, but it's not a situation which allows much experimentation before you die... :p

17. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

honestly on the level depository i just run through the level to the elevator. i never stared down a librarian myself.

18. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

THIS ^! Especially on the level Child with that kid on your shoulders... Don't find em particularly scary, they look like mole rats but they're certainly the most annoying creatures you encounter. So for me it's the Lurkers.

19. jthebomb97

jthebomb97 Member

Someone else mentioned this, those damn pink rat things. They blindsided me every time, I got some real horror jerks/spasms playing through that level. That was actually the only level I had to temporarily quit and come back to later. The Librarians were terrifying, but through sheer luck I managed to stumble through that area with minimal confrontation from them. I'm a bit disappointed about that, I definitely missed a lot of the intended experience on that level.

20. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

Librarians!!!