Which is the most horror movie you have watched?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by princemubz007, Oct 9, 2012.

1. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

:pop2: :shocked: :pop2:

2. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

hmmm, let's see, saw I and II, Poltergeist (the first one, the trest where pants), Alien, The Woman in Black (original), and a few more I can't remember now.

3. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I can't really remember any horror films that have scared me, I always find them fairly comedic.

Maybe when I watched Friday the 13th when I was a little kid.

4. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

I don't get scared easily but Carpenter's The Thing impressed me quite a bit when I saw it for the first time as a kid.

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I think Saw is pretty bad. I've seen one of the movies and it was just gore, and not even convincing gore at that. The plot made very little sense and was all over the place, whilst the film didn't even try to fool you into believing that the characters' purposes were for anything else than slaughter. However, the other parts of Saw may be better, but the one I watched was disappointing to say the least. There were a few horror films that scared me as a kid and one Japanese movie that really creeped me out when I was 14, but I can't remember its name.

6. Jet Odessa

I agree with you, and tbh, I don't like 'horror' movies, perhaps that's why the only ones I really like are the original The Woman in Black (british 1989 tv movie with Adrian Rawlins, Pauline Moran, Bernard Hepton, David Daker, dir. Herbert Wise), the first Poltergeist and The Exorcist, the rest, just gore for the sake of it.

7. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Props to you for that post, brother. Did you see the prequel released last year? It actually did a pretty good job at tying everything together. Plus, it was cool to see the creatures in a new light, (CGI, compared to how it was in the first one.)

8. cerberus

I'd have to strongly disagree about the prequel. I did not enjoy it at all and found it quite unnecessary, uninspiring, unscary and frankly quite stupid as well.

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Poltergeist really scared me when I was a kid (I think I watched it when I was seven, but not sure). I have terrifying memories of that, would love to see it again - now as a teenager. As for The Exorcist; it is one of those classics that I've never seen. Guess it's about time I did this so I think I'll have a look around for it next time I'm at hmv or some other shop. :)

10. cerberus

Time for another one of Cerberus' unpopular opinions: I can't stand The Exorcist, it is in no way as terrifying as it is made out to be by the majority. Yes, I've seen it as a child and even then it struck me as an exaggerated and farcical portrayal of how the devil would manifest himself. I'd recommend watching The Omen instead.

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

I haven't watched any special horror movies, really, as I'm easily scared anyway. Have anyone seen "Signs" though? Not much of a horror movie, but it freaked me out enough to not dare go home alone from my bud's place after watching it one evening :p

12. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me know, i might watch the women in black as i was told previously that how interesting and scary it was...;)

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Seen Omen and Signs, both alright and quite scary movies - but once again, watched these when I was younger and don't know what I'd think of them today.

14. cerberus

Signs is alright, I suppose... Didn't care for it when I saw it for the first time. But if you're into horror movies about extraterrestrials, I'd recommend Fire in the Sky instead.

Just remembered another movie that I found quite disturbing: The Changeling.

15. Jet Odessa

watch the 1989 original, you can find it in youtube, since they only made a few dvd releases and the original dvd is in excess of $500 (I got the original on dvd, but is a copy of a copy), and extremley rare to find. the Daniel Radcliffe, 2012, version is absolute crap btw.

16. cerberus

^ No it isn't. It's not perfect by any means but is a welcome return to British gothic horror.

17. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Ahahaha the Exorcist :') "LICCKK MEEE!"

The Omen wasn't scary but was a fairly good film in my opinion.

18. cerberus

Indeed, The Omen isn't very scary but it is a more "realistic" portrayal of evil manipulating the living.

19. briangriffin

briangriffin Member

Saw is the name of most horror movie watched so far by me.

20. mecho

mecho Guest

Men in Black