Quantcast

Which Final Fantasy was your first Final Fantasy?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by SLTE, Feb 1, 2016.

1. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

We all had to start somewhere. Which game did you play first in the series?

I started with Final Fantasy IV, which at the time was just Final Fantasy II. I'd only played one other RPG beforehand, Dragon Warrior, and I found the sprites appearing in-battle intriguing. Beyond that, though, I had very little interest in the game, because I was just too young to appreciate the nuances of RPGs. It wasn't until I played Final Fantasy III / VI a few years later that I got hooked to the series, and VII more or less sealed the deal.

I think I may have played Mystic Quest before Final Fantasy VI, but, uh, it... didn't grab my attention too much. For reasons.

2. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

It's been a quite a while since I've played my first Final Fantasy game, but if I had to guess, it would probably be Final Fantasy VI/III back on the SNES, and what an amazing way to be introduced to the series - It's still one of my personal favorite JRPGs.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

I was late to the Final Fantasy scene. The first one I tried was Final Fantasy X in the early 2000's. An excellent introduction into the FF world. The story, the characters, the soundtrack, and the gameplay were top notch. Since then, I've tried a few more Final Fantasy games and loved them as well, but FFX was my first and my favorite.

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

FFVIII was the first one I played and I thought it was great. Initially I didn't think much of it and passed it off as one of the genres I'll never get but surprisingly it got me hooked after the few minutes I got to play it. I thought it was very good and so much so that I didn't even realize that it was disliked by so many of the hardcore fans until I later on saw comments online.

5. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

Funny story, I technically started with FF7 back in the day when we had a PS1 that belonged to my older sister. It had the game but she never played it, she just played crash. I knew it was supposed to be a cool game, but I tried to play it and couldn't figure out where to go after the train in the veeeeeeeeery beginning of the game. I realize in hindsight that I wouldn't have made it much further if I couldn't even get past that part lol

6. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I usually watch my sisters play the FF7, 8 and 9 but my sister let me played FFX. So the first Final Fantasy I played was X and that was I'm only 11 0r 12 years old at that time (?). My favorite part in the game was the Blitzball. It was my favorite mini game and it was fun to play over and over.

7. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

Part 3 I believe. Then I think the one I played the most second to that was FSfVII.

8. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Probably Final Fantasy VII. I used to get stuck on the scorpion boss because I was but a child the very first time I've played it and didn't understand english since it's not my first language. :p

9. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

My first final fantasy was when I and II was on GB. That was the original one. That one was called Final Fantasy Adventures on the GB. If that doesn't count, the one called Final Fantasy Mystic Quest that was on the SNES. I've pretty much played all the Final Fantasy, I then moved on to the NES one, which is the real first final fantasy game.

10. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana Member Regular

My first Final Fantasy game was the first one released for the regular nintendo system. I fell in love with that game when I was around ten years old. Square Enix released it as an app for iphone, and I play it occasionally.

11. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member Regular

I began playing the final fantasy I as i progressed to the others up the group.

12. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member Regular

FF VII is a nice game indeed. I have also played it many times.