Which Ending would you prefer to be canon?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Sharkey, May 17, 2013.

?

Which ending should be canon?

1. Good Ending (Artyom lives)

30 vote(s)
    81.1%
  2. Bad Ending (Artyom dies)

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. Strider

Strider Well-Known Member

Speaking of which:
    From Metro: Last Light's official FB page.

2. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Thats what i am waiting for! Hunters chapter dlc huzza

3. Extreme Scotsman

I'm fine with Arytom's story being concluded as everything is neatly tied up. His job with the Dark Ones are finished and that was always the main point of his journeys. It would be good to focus on another character.

4. TotalAaron

yeah i suppose but i will just hope for hunter dlc :(

5. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I thought him having died was the Good Ending. :twitch:

I would certainly like new characters but did Artyom's story have to conclude with the departure of the Dark Ones and also the death of him.

6. Thedarknight

Thedarknight New Member

I think by this they mean that Artyom's story IN last light is concluded , not his story entirely , hinting that if they make another game ( which they probably will) Artyom might make a return as protagonist , or if not , at least as a character

7. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

No choice for neither?
    4A rushed the ending in both scenarios, so I have no preference.

8. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I think the bad ending kinda sucks because instead of being its own thing that lets the player live up their choice of being brutal to survive the brutality, it instead just basically has you fail and die. I actually thought it was the good ending the first time I beat the game because of how Anna talked about you.

The good ending sits with me better for some reason.

9. Strider

Strider Well-Known Member

You forget Hanza, they are bigger then nazi or the red faction, and last time I checked, they don't want to dominate or destroy the metro in doing so.
    I agree, the good ending is too shiny for the dark metro, but I still like it, nevertheless you feel badass in both.

10. didymos

didymos Well-Known Member

Um, stopping Korbut's plan to wipe out everyone but the Red Line is hardly failing. That was your goal, after all.

11. j4c0b1

j4c0b1 New Member

I would prefer for the good ending to be canon, as the bad ending essentially puts the metro back to before the events of 2033. With no dark ones, and no D6. Although as the extreme scotsman said earlier, the bad ending could give the reich a huge strategic advantage over the center of the metro (with large numbers of reds, and polis rangers killed at D6).

Although i think the bad ending will probably be canon.

12. BlinDog

BlinDog Member

Some interesting Facts

Ok i have some interesting facts i only hope i've read this topic right and it is not here ok and this will be only for story line not for game and the game decisions only Story and the that what can happend in real
    For Good Ending
    - Artyom want Forgiveness for him for people of metro and Rangers
    -
    In the end he told this "The fact that the little one came back and brought his kin... Maybe that was the pardon and salvation... For me... For the Order... For all of us in the Metro? The last light of hope in this kingdom of darkness." and as all know the game is named Last Light
    -Artyom want to save the Little one from the Freak show train and he saved him and let him go
    - little one was defending an guarding the Artyom all the time
    - Artyom finnaly Listened to Khan!
    - Artyom saw that the destroying of the dark ones was mistake

For Bad Ending
    - at the prolog he saying that he will give his soul for recall of his mother and then he said "and i did" (
    i dont know if it is mean he gives his soul with death at D6 but probably yes)
    -Artyom want to kill the little one ( dark one) at the beggining
    - we Don't know iff the Little one can forgive the Artyom
    - Did Artyom kill Lesnicky ( I take this desicion becouse it is possible to happend, pavel i think Artyom let him live )
    Ok i will updating this in time when i will know something new or i will recall something ;) :D

Now me: at the good ending Khan disapeared maybe he joined the dark ones on their way.
    If Artyom die another game must be After about twenty years or twenty nine :D becouse his son was i think nine years old at the end of the bad ending
    ad i thik so little dark one but he was old about nine in 2034 and how can people know they will return when they can't comunicate with them that just doesn't make sense :eek:hwell: i just think the Artyom wasn't stupid and he killed everyone and everything with the presence of the little one :D
    and i think the Glukhovsky won't be so brutal and killed every main character in game :D

#32 BlinDog, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
  13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

good ending.

14. Gyrate

Gyrate Active Member

I voted for the good ending. It's really time to give something good for Artyom and for the Metro. Also, it's much more easier to continue the good ending than the bad. Maybe sounds a bit Hollywood ending but, everyone likes it if it's executed well.:pop2:

Let Artyom and The Order live. They are appreciated it.

15. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

The order still exists in the bad ending, you can see Anna in the ending has "Sparta" stitched on the back of her clothing.

back on topic.
    Personally, I don't think there is "bad ending" here. I see it as "Good happy ending" and "Good sad ending".

16. Gyrate

Gyrate Active Member

Thanks, I forgot that one.

17. xxVODKAxx

xxVODKAxx New Member

Good ending for me and it connects to Metro 2034

18. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Why? I think there is nothing really bad when artyom live?

19. TotalAaron

The ranger order barely won the fight for D6 and even with such a big zerg rush of reds there are many, many other troops not to mention the other two factions hansa and reich

with the order depleted D6 just about lost the 'good ending' is still preety bad