Which do you prefer, Nvidia or AMD?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by loserman778, Sep 1, 2013.

1. loserman778

loserman778 Member

I personally like Nvidia better. It seems that they update their drivers to adapt to games quite a lot of time quicker then AMD does when a popular new games comes out. I find that quite often I wont be able to play a game just because my AMD graphics card doesn't support the game properly.

2. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

..and that's why they're ahead in the graphics card game with respect to AMD. I've been using Nvidia for 5 years now and the graphics I get from gaming is just amazing. Nvidia is definitely the best graphic card, the company seems to be really focused on gaming.

3. kelemenur

kelemenur Active Member

Nvidia guy here as well. I used to have an AMD card back in the day. Once I changed to Nvidia, I never looked back.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haha I've been out of the pc world for so long that I didn't even know that they use the name AMD instead of ATI nowadays.

Always had a nvidia card, never had any problems and I've always been more than satisfied with it so I'm not about to change.

5. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

Nividia. They are ahead for a reason.

6. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I prefer Nvidia they cost a little more, but they are more powerful if your a hardcore PC gamer like me Nvidia is the best way to go you don't want to go the cheaper route if your a gamer.

7. xXPandosXx

xXPandosXx Well-Known Member

Thanks for starting this thread. I have had an AMD card for more than 5 years now, and it worked pretty well. I'm currently checking the market for the best option on graphics cards, and everyone seems to agree that Nvidia is the best for the time being.

8. Green

Green Member

Nvidia is my favourite it has the best type of performance well you get what you pay for + tons more extras like extra performance but many think AMD because of how cheap it is.

9. iShootRocks

iShootRocks Member

I agree with most of the others, NVidia is definitely the better of the two. I'd only get an AMD if I needed a budget computer.

10. pxyc

pxyc Member

I'm a big NVidia fan. I don't have anything against AMD really, but some of their stuff is really good. I just am used to NVidia at this point and I find it hard to change things once you're really used to them, kind of like a habit. NVidia seems to give you more bang for your buck anyway, which is a major pro.

11. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

I've always had AMD and they have never broken or let me down. The only 3 issues I've ever had with graphics cards are with Nvidia cards, 2 issues with them being brand new cards too!

12. Spydy

Spydy Member

Nvidia, they're way ahead AMD and have better support for their drivers. I've always used Nvidia only :)

13. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

Honestly it comes down to the benchmarks for me. I have been building computers for years and I seem to have been switching between AMD and NVIDIA equally.

14. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Well-Known Member

Consider the new AMD card that is coming out, the R290X "supposed Titan-Killer." I have always liked AMD for their pricing and cheap but good quality graphics cards with a great performance:price ratio. Despite Nvidia having sometimes better frame latency than AMD for the past few years, AMD has been coming back with new driver releases fixing their crossfire and adding more options for a "GeForce Experience"-like experience...

Not a fanboy, just a person who wants the better card for the better price :).

15. RMCMage

Recently I decided to give AMD a try and upgrade my GTX 460 to a XFX 7950 it was a great card it worked great for about a week and it started acting up so now I have to go through the RMA process and get another one.

16. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

That's unlucky, but I wouldn't let you put you off AMD card or even XFX. MSI is considered a top brand and the heatsink/fan on my friends Nvidia 660 Ti literally fell off. He was playing a game and heard a loud noise, looked in the case and it had flown off! Only had it for like 3 weeks.

17. Rowro

Rowro Active Member

AMD is definitely my go to. They generally have better cards for the price point, NVIDIA is more expensive for the same power.

AMD does have it's issues though, I've seen plenty of games that dont cooperate well with AMDs graphic drivers but those issues are eventually fixed. It only really matters if you want to be on the bleeding edge of game releases.

18. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

I like both honestly. Nvidia likes to overprice things, but it has better support.
    AMD is always there making excellent cheap cards and if not for them nvidia would have a monopoly.

19. RMCMage

True, Nvidia is a tad better on the performance side it's kind of like comparing AMD, and Intel CPU's do you want more power or you on a budget.

20. TheViper

TheViper Well-Known Member

Nvidea is my chose before any others. They may be a little pricey but they are the most reliable. AMD are great cards but they don't perform as well for me.