Quantcast

Which Civ do you think is the best?

Discussion in 'More Civilization' started by Chris_A, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Which one of the series is your absolute favorite? And why? Which one did you spend the most time on playing?

2. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member Regular

I definitely spent the most time paying Civ2, which is probably up there as my all time record for most hours played. I used to play on huge words with only 2 AI and then not attack them until I had the whole world filled in with a hundred cities.. just to see how far they would advance if unmolested.

I think Civ5 is the best of them all, but Civ2 is still very playable and fun.

Sad Puppy likes this.
  3. Chris_A

I also love Civ 2. I actually never tried playing on a huge world map with only 2 or 3 AI opponents, building tons of cities. Have to try that. Thanks for giving me an idea. :D

4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

I loved Civilization 3 as a kid. My PC had really low system requirements so I could only play a limited amount of games, and Civ 3 really kept me company while I saved up to get a better PC to play higher end games. I really had a great time with it, and it really made me a strategy game fan for life. 10/10 would play again even if it is over a decade old now. It's still one of the best games out there.

5. Chris_A

I think all of the Civ games are really good in their own way. Each one brought something new and innovative and the series is one of best video game series of all time, in my opinion.

6. isthismad

isthismad Member Regular

I think Civ 2 is the best of the best. Anyone else agree with me?

7. isthismad

isthismad Member Regular

Which one is the best according to you?

8. isthismad

isthismad Member Regular

I agree with you. It's one of the best games out there.

9. Beermoney

Beermoney Member Regular

I like Civilisation 3 the most. It offers better experience in terms of gameplay and visual appearance. The gane itself is fun and challenging, but not so difficult that it is hard to continue playing. It follows a progessive route which makes it easy for new players to learn the ropes without giving up.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I've had the most amount of fun on Civilization V, even though I started out with Civilization III when I was a kid and I used to play that game all day.

11. gonemorp

gonemorp Well-Known Member Regular

Sounds like a good game. I have not played the game but I would definately give it a shot. Will it be worth it?

12. gonemorp

In my opinion, the first one is the best.

13. gonemorp

I agree with you but I don't think that the second part is as good as the first part. The first part is the best according to me.

14. jonthai

jonthai Member Regular

The one I've played the most is Civilization V, and It's my favorite game.I think the several countries available,the several modes and the game structure, is really well planned, and it's not too complicated, but not too simple.I have high expectations about Civilization 6,and I hope it doesn't let me down, but from what I've seen,it surely will be good.

15. Chris_A

Well, I`m really torn between Civ IV and V. IV still had that classic feel and great music and graphics. But V brought over really awesome improvements. Can`t really decide between the two, lol.

16. EleGiggle

EleGiggle Active Member Regular

My favourite Civ game is Civ V. It was the newest edition when i purchased it with all the DLCs and it was on sale. Before that I didn't know about Civ at all and the game kind of got me hooked up on its own, so I don't have much experience in the other Civ games except for some gameplay videos, but I came to the conclusion that I enjoy Civ V the most.

17. Sad Puppy

Sad Puppy Well-Known Member Regular

You should still give the older games a try, Civilization IV is most similar to the last game and many people actually consider it the best in the series. I think I agree with this opinion, although now when I play Civ 4 I miss features like city-states. The more classic Civs might not be up to your taste if you started with Civ 5, and certainly less developed in terms of graphic, but I think everyone who likes Civ 5 shoudl still check Civ 2 to see the roots of the game. Not recommending the first, since running it on a new Windows is too much of a hassle even for me ;)

18. Vladimir Logos

Vladimir Logos Member Regular

CIV V is the best hands down, but my fave is IV. It has more interesting sequences, narration and better random map generation. I loved the beginning of CIV IV: Earth forming and Leonard Nimoy narrating. CIV V missed that creative, awe-inspiring feeling.

Sad Puppy likes this.
  19. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

Civ V is the best in my opinion, especially when you take in to account the expansion packs for the game. It's well balanced, fun, and easier to learn when compared to the earlier games in the franchise.

20. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

I think that Civilizations V has really brought a lot to the game. I can't imagine what the next civilization has the same amount of growth as civilizations V had in relation to civilizations IV, I can hardly wait for it to come out.