Quantcast

Which Breath of Fire is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Breath of Fire' started by rosacrux, Dec 20, 2013.

1. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

Breathe of Fire IV was the first one I played and it is still my favorite. The graphs and the score were really good, and as an old school RPG player, I really liked the game. Not very innovative, but really well done.

2. Peanut

Peanut Member

The second was by far my favorite. And one of my all time favorite games. My favorite part of 2 was the shamans. I love character customization and have lots of choices when I play games. (Probably why I spend most of my time rerolling characters. City of Heroes was the best game in the world for my creation fix.) The shamans were a great way to take characters you have had since the beginning of the game and giving them new skills and abilities. It was pretty genius and preferred to the meeting of the 'end game' party members like in some of the Final Fantasy games.

4 was ok, but I didn't really like the two story lines they had. It was well done for sure, but I remember being a little disappointed.

3. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member Regular

Breath of Fire III. The egg collecting, story, and timeless characters. It was the benchmark game of the series and I wish they could bring it back and not try to make a game that is going to make the most money. It really is a niche market anyway.

4. Arma45

Arma45 Active Member

Breath Of Fire 3 is where I started. I had no idea what I was doing but got the hang of it rather quickly after passing the manor. Once the story line came into play and I started to understand more things, I was hooked and loved it. One of the best game ever to be played on the Playstation.

5. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

Breath of fire 3 from the playstation 1 was my favorite. I love the story and the characters, it's a great role playing game.

But I must admit that was the only breath of fire I have actually played xD

6. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Well-Known Member

The only Breath of Fire I've played is the 4th one, so I don't really have much of a choice. :D

7. summerforest

summerforest Member

I'll say Breath of Fire V... it was ahead of its time in too many ways, though. The style and game systems it has didn't really become popular until recently. I feel like if a game just like it came out now it'd be a lot better received.

8. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Breath of Fire 3 is my favorite of choice. Although I've only really played 3 and 4. And since I played 3 first, that's the one I remember most fondly.

9. Jesse93

Jesse93 Member

I recently bought IV and I'm still playing it, but I actually love it. I'm really looking forward to checking out the rest of the series too. I'll probably still love IV though, since it's the one that got me into the series.

10. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

I still like Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter the most out of them all. Something about that game is so extremely unique and charming... I think it really stands out. Man, now I want to replay it...

11. fatguy39

fatguy39 Active Member

I've played Breath of Fire, Breath of Fire II, and Breath of Fire IV. I wasn't able to play III since I didn't have access to it before, haha! My favorite would be Breath of Fire IV because it has the nicest story out of the three that I've played. It's nice playing as Fou Lou once in a while too, haha! The only thing I didn't like about it was the shortage of strong optional bosses, since I would like to try the strong weapons against them.

I remember getting the Render that's the last thing on the special shop. Quite strong with Ice element and hits twice, but it'll be a crazy thing to use later in the game since the mobs in the last parts will really be a piece of cake.

Oh, I like Scias, hehehe. Shining Blade always!!

12. Gilbert

Gilbert New Member

Breath of Fire I will always have a special place in my heart for being one of the very first games I ever played on the GameBoy. I found the characters to be extremely likeable and their design was simply wonderful; especially Deis/Bleu's! The plot was just amazing, same goes for game-play and mechanics! Apart from the first installation, I played the second one as well and found it to be just as great. But the first remains my favourite mainly for nostalgic reasons.

13. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Member

The first one, I remember playing it a lot on the SNES and really enjoyed it. I know I played the second one but I don't remember much about it to say if I liked it.

14. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

The third one. I'd played the first game for the SNES but it didn't really pull me in. I think it was too hard for teenaged me. Then I rented the third one shortly after it came out and got hooked by the cool sprites and the storyline. The 'struggling against god' theme has been beaten to death by JRPGs, I'll granted you, but I hadn't played enough of 'em by that point to become jaded - and besides, this god is misguided in more interesting ways than most.

Also, the whole Ryu-Rei-Teepo separation at the beginning really got me invested. I wanted so badly to see the whole gang back together that I had to play the entire game.

15. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member Regular

I think mine is BOF IV. I loved the ending, I was shocked. I really liked Ershin's story. Also liked the combo system and dragon summons and Ryu's / Emperor's dragon form look.

16. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

For whatever reason I really got into the second one a lot. I cannot really think of too good of a reason, but I think it was just a carry over from my love of the first and that one was the one that got the benefit. It really had a good story, and it took me long enough where I was really interested and hooked for a while.

17. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

I get the feeling BoF 2 would've been much, much more popular if it had gotten a proper translation. The current one (current as far as I know) is pretty abysmal, and doesn't do the plot enough justice. It's a solid story if you read a summary.

Wish they cut down on the characters a bit, though. Most of the cast was cool, but a few wound up feeling rather superfluous. Snipping Spar and Jean would have rounded out the crew nicely.

18. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I've played or attempted to play if not all or most of the one's i'm aware of. I've heard that the most recent one may not even make it to the US so I guess I wont be able to try anymore. But my favorite were definitely the old school RPG ones. 1 and 2 specifically were the best in my opinion. I played 3 and 4 though and I only managed to finish 4. I didn't really get the feel for dragon quarter though.

19. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

I'm a big fan of Breath of Fire 2 - It's just a solid JRPG all around, and well worth playing, though as mentioned earlier the translation leaves a bit to desired. Breath of Fire 1 is a bit dated today, in my opinion, and I personally haven't played the other games in the series.

20. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I did like 2 as well. I have the most fond memories with that one I think. My favorite character was always Bleu. The ability to change the party was the thing I liked the most about it.