Where would you like to live?

Discussion in 'Lord of the Rings' started by BattleAxe, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Lostvalleyguy

Lostvalleyguy Well-Known Member

I am partial to hobbit homes myself . That sort of off grid living, growing my own veggies suits my personality. I would have to live in the shire, but I might need a taller roof.

2. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

I would love to live in mirkwood or in rivendell to be honest I love the elven style buildings they are gorgeous.

3. montreal176

montreal176 Active Member

I would like to live with the elves. I would tower them so it would be funny

4. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I'll pick the Shire too since it's probably the safest place in the entire Middle Earth. The place is filled with greneries and I like the Hobbit houses. Looks very cozy and clean. And they don't look like they have to work much too.

5. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

Same as that mind you I think our height wouldn't really matter compared to their speed and scary rain of arrows.

6. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

I also wouldn't mind living with the dwarves. I loved Moria and it was one of my favorite regions. Love how mysterious that place is.

7. chronomantic

chronomantic Member

Definitely Lothlorien, the safest and fairest place on Middle Earth for countless generations. Nobody in their right mind would mess with Galadriel and her ring of power anyway. Even though I'm rather tall I think I would still feel overshadowed (actually in very aspect) by the elves but I still be safe. I could do menial tasks like changing the water in Galadriel's mirror or something and still be happy there.

8. obliviousme

obliviousme Well-Known Member
    Regular

Rivendell is a really beautiful place to live. I'd love to live there! :)

9. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm gonna go with the only answer for me, The Shire. Each time I listen to the "Concerning Hobbits" track of the soundtrack, I drift away to The Shire, thinking how peaceful a life there would be.

10. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Actually, there is Kickstarter going on to actually build Minas Tirith. Their goal is somewhere along the 1 billion dollar margin, but what if enough people donate and they build the city? Totally cool in my opinion.

11. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

The Shire. It's absolutely beautiful and peaceful. If I remember correctly Mordor's forces never even reached the Shire, so it would also be a good place to stay at during the time Frodo was carrying the ring.

12. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think Lothlorien or Rivendell would be a beautiful place to live. I'd love to see those graceful elves everyday and be with Arwen. LOL. I'd go where the elves go because they're really pretty and know how to take care of the environment. It'd be like a big hippy commune. HAHA

13. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think living near the Shire would be my thing. A simple but productive life would suit me. The big cities and anywhere near ambitious kings/queens/lords/ladies would not be my thing. Also, I think elves would piss me off too much to want to live near them.

14. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

The shire just smoke and fuck all day and do jack shit, sounds like a time and a half.

15. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

As weird as it sounds, probably on the edge of the Fanghorn Forest. So, on the edge of the of Rohan and shy of the Misty Mountains.

16. Sophia3

Sophia3 Member

I love heights. So would like to live in upper area of hilly stations.

17. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

Minas Tirith or Rivendell. Both are incredibly beautiful, full of people, and safe.

18. Usamaars888

Usamaars888 Member
    Regular

I'm going to have to say I'd live in the Shire. 6 meals a day and nobody cares if you're fat, HELL YEAH! The life there seems so laid back and away from all the troubles going on throughout the rest of middle earth and I believe it would be a great place to live. Farming, eating, drinking and smoking all day, plenty of partying, what's not to love?

19. ToneyWatermeloney

ToneyWatermeloney Active Member
    Regular

I'd totally want to live in Erebor, even though dwarves don't seem like the greatest company I'd never seen such a beautiful city. Plus, I love mining. I'd try and get a job in the mines. :)

20. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would think that anywhere in that little world would probably a good little change of pace. Those cold places though seem really tough for some reason, so I would look for somewhere warmer.