Where would you like to live?

Discussion in 'Lord of the Rings' started by BattleAxe, Aug 12, 2013.

1. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

If you were in the LOTR universe, and you had to pick a location to live, where would it be? I personally would choose the Shire. It might have no defense, but it doesn't seem to get bothered since it's so far away from all the troubles.

2. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

What time period? Assuming we are talking about after Frodo had the ring, Mini Tirith. Probably the safest place in Middle Earth. The Shire stands no chance, most in it don't even know of the ring or any of the happenings.

3. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

I was just talking about in general before it, but even if we are talking about after Frodo acquires the ring, I'd still choose to stay in the shire. Minis Tirith is't safe either as we saw in the 3rd movie. The shire would take the orcs a while to get to anyway.

4. Merlin87

Merlin87 Active Member

If we are talking about post ring then I'd like somewhere with a good mix of folk and good transport links. Would also need good food and good beer so I'll live in Bree. If before destruction then I'd rent a room from Bombadill. No orc would mess with him..

5. nimrodel

nimrodel Member

I'd have got on the first boat to Numenor whilst they were fighting the ring battles. After it had finished, I'd come back and live in the Western Shire for the beer.!!

6. siamsot

siamsot Member

If it was before the ring was destroyed, I would stay to Rivendell or Lothlorien to be safe and be among beautiful elves like Arwen! After the ring was destroyed, I would live in the Shire or in Bree to drink beer, smoke some pipe and party all the time! I would also consider living in Mordor and renovate it now that the orcs were gone or in the Misty Mountains!

7. Rivere

Rivere Member

Middle Earth for me also the only place I can really remember since playing the game and watching the movies, is Helms Deep in the game or not?

8. dan213

dan213 Member

I would pick the Shrine I think, Minis Tirith may be a possibility also. But there may be other options if I consider the beer!

9. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Minas Tirith. It looks so magnificent I just couldn't resist it!

10. xDistinctx

xDistinctx Member

I would have to agree with you, crimson. Minas Tirith looks so amazing, I'm not sure how I could not want to live there...

11. rivengamer

rivengamer Well-Known Member

In-game, I bought a house at the Bree-land Homesteads. It's a cozy standard house with a nice view, and a joy to visit especially if I feel that I'm playing too long. Frankly, the housing system in LotRO is what got me to really liking it in the first place. Although it doesn't really have too many options for customization, the features it has are enough for my gameplay.

In Tolkien lore, I'd probably live in the Shire too but as a Man rather than a Hobbit. A very unpopular sentiment of mine: I'm not fond of the Hobbits.

12. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

I'd live in Lothlorien. When I first went there, I didn't pay much attention. I just kind of ran around and used NPCs as I needed. One day, I was in the bank, and I had a "whoa" moment. I was in a bank. At the top of a tree. That is badass. Although it might be a pain to have to climb a ladder or staircase to get to every building, I still think that a city in the trees would be a really pretty looking place to live.

13. Brothainarms

Brothainarms Member

Bree would be my choice. Hopping bar in the Prancing Pony, a nice location in terms of nearby towns, etc. etc... and plus it's Bree! Has an amazing atmosphere and always something going on.

14. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I would have liked to live near CuiviƩnen, the Water of Awakening in the far east of Middle-earth. Where it all began, and the first elves awoke before the moon and sun was created.

15. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

The Shire. Period. It's the most beautiful part of Middle Earth. It's also the happiest in my opinion. Nothing but beer, parties, and smoking all day long sounds good to me.

16. Delusional

Delusional Well-Known Member

I'm doubting between the beautiful Elf cities and the Shire. I would never want to live in a crowded Dwarf city or even a city of men because they are just to busy.
    I think I would love the Shire the most.

17. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Lothlorien or Rivendell. I would say the Wood Elf court in Mirkwood also, except I hate that arrogant king. But elf cities in Middle-earth are just so unearthly and beautiful.

18. Sharinflan

Sharinflan Member

I'd like to live with the Elves. That city is so beautifull and full of magic! (but it has too many stairs, damn...)

19. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Very true, those huge tree buildings had at least 100 stairs until you got to the top. That explains why Elves are all in top shape. :D

20. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

I would have loved to live in Minas tirith, I personally think that would be awesome.