Where the hell all the guns come from???

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Mr.Benson, May 23, 2015.

1. Mr.Benson

Mr.Benson New Member

Just asking for opinion, how do the people find guns on surface after a NUCLEAR WAR, suppose there is no military base above the metro cuz no one have mentioned anything about that, then where those AKs and bullets come from???:derp: sorry for bad English.

2. Moscow has stockpiles of weapons to begin with. Russia might have gun laws instead of gun rights but since the city is a seat of the Russian government the army units stationed in and around it as well as the police forces are very well outfitted.

Considering there was a war going on in-universe from at least 2002 to 2013 when the nukes got launched, it's not that big of a stretch to assume that the weapons were prepared and stored in the subway system itself. It is a largest nuclear shelter in the world after all.

For the most part metro made weapons come from Kuznetsky Most station, also known as the Armory. They have all the means to forge and shape metal for manufacturing and maintaining weapons as well as tools to reload ammunition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pre-war weapons are exactly that. They jam and break, but they are valuable enough to be fixed. A part of the VSK-94 stock is replaced with a piece of a broom handle and is held in place with duct tape, for example.

[​IMG]

You can tell metro-made and pre-war weapons apart by markings on the receivers. The Lolife, for example, was produced in 2023.

[​IMG]

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've said it before, and I say it again, Komo. You never cease to amaze me :)

4. Mr.Benson

Mr.Benson New Member

Thanks that was really helpful :D

5. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Komodo pretty much has the best answer you'll ever find, and it's even historically accurate. In certain countries, there will always be guns lying around, especially if the military is operating in a given area, or there's a government capitol around.

6. superbobby

superbobby Active Member

That is the most logical answer I've ever heard from this forum.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Huh, today I learned. I was actually curious about this as well, didn't know they were using abandoned subway stations for storage.

8. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

The fact that the game has actually an explanation for this is amazing. They didn't need to do that, but they did. That's attention to detail.

: guns