What's your mindset when playing League?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by Player7, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Player7

Player7 Active Member
    Regular

It's not a mystery to us that some League of Legends players all around the world are just plain toxic. Perhaps a few are just "trolling" but most of the times people try to express all their anger towards a team mate who isn't doing that well.
    How do you deal with this people, are you ready to defend yourself making remarks on how bad the aggressor plays? Do you insult them back? Or do you simply mute them?
    Some time ago I heard how a succesful challenger player simply decided to act as a Zen monk and just look at everything and everyone with absolute comprenhension thus not reacting aggresively at all. He just focused on the game and helping the weakest player on his team to succeed on his lane objectives.
    I've tried following this method and it has worked most of the times, although I won't act as a monk when someone is plain rude.
    Anyways! What do you guys do on the game when finding these difficulties?

2. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

I go into every game with a mindset on losing. If I lose, I expected it and If I win, I have something to cheer about.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just play casual so I almost never play ranked because I like a more relaxed gameplay. I think taking it too seriously is too stressful. If someone is raging I just try and make them rage even more to be honest because I find it hilarious anyone would rage over a game when they aren't even getting paid to play.

4. NikkiR

NikkiR Member
    Regular

I also avoid ranked games. I play just to have fun and blow off some steam after work. A lot of people take the game far to seriously. There will always be a winning team and a losing team in every match. Learning to lose a game well is Important. If I find myself with team mates that are unable to handle being outclassed by the opposing team, I just Ignore them. I don't silence them, but I never engage with there attitudes. Then once the game is over I report them if there was foul language or over the top harassment of any players.

5. Cloud

Cloud Member
    Regular

I try to stay positive, even if my team is feeding. If I get angry I'll yell at the monitor for a bit (not rage in chat) and go for a run after the game to cool off. Then I take a break from League for a couple hours to prevent further tilting.

6. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm always a competitive person so I want to win everytime I go into a game. Despite my competitiveness I'm not one of the people who are incredibly toxic to their teammates, from my perspective that's the worst way of being a teammate. I'm pretty quiet most of the time unless someone else starts being toxic towards me.

7. Player7

Player7 Active Member
    Regular

It's nice to hear how many of you prefer to act more mature when having an in-game difficulty. That's the best attitude to have in this game and for some of life's problems too. :) I believe that if anyone inevitably rages at League they should keep a squeeze ball at hand! Even for the calmer of us. :D

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

There really is no need to rage or take the game too seriously I think. None of us are getting paid to play so I never really understood how people could take it that hard when they lose or get a lower rank because of a loss. It's not like they will get rich if they have a high rank. And as you have mentioned, at the end of it all you could simply just report and raging beforehand won't really do much to ensure they get what they deserve so might as well conserve energy.

9. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to get upset with the trolls, but all that stuff goes over my head these days. I just play mostly for fun these ideas without too much concert about ranks and all that stuff. It's far more fun to play without all of that stuff in your head.

10. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I try to mute everyone mentally, I ignore everyone that starts talking non sense and unless they have something to say that involves the match I put my attention on them or I just ignore them, this has increased my tolerance when I play, I get mad less and I have more fun.

11. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Just mute people who're being toxic, they will affect your gameplay negatively even if you consciously try to ignore the flame.

If you have the time, play a game of unranked before starting on ranked to warm up. If you aren't quite on form maybe just stick with unranked play for the day.

12. erook7878

Regular

The trolls do get in your head sometimes and it will effect your gameplay. You have to mute those guys right away or you start going back and forth. Then it stops being about the game.

13. erook7878

Regular

People are competitive no matter what. They'll do anything to finish ahead of there opponent, whether it's for money or just bragging rights. You just have to ignore those people.

14. erook7878

Regular

it's always good to take a break. That always calms me down to take a break and do some other activity for a little while. Just going for a walk or getting something to eat does it for me.

15. Potausen

Potausen Active Member
    Regular

I play to have fun. You may think that that is a good thing, but it isn't. I can never be competitive and I don't care which team wins. But at least I'm not toxic.

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Agreed. I just find it funny though because the way some people take it too seriously you'd think there was really something on the line. I personally don't put much weight on bragging rights myself as well since unless it was pro I don't think there's much to brag about especially if all I have to show for it is a few wins over fellow non pro players.

17. erook7878

Regular

Yeah people always takes things too seriously sometimes, even when were not playing for anything tangible. I guess it's just an ego thing most of the time. Nobody likes losing and some people hate it more than others.

18. erook7878

Regular

This is certainly an unfortunate truth. You do have to become emotionally invested in it to truly become competitive at a high level. I was always at my best when I was really into it and as a result, I would rage when I made a bad move or lost. The bright side is that at least you aren't losing your mind over it.

19. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends. When I'm playing normals, typically with friends, I'm usually really chill and make incredibly stupid plays for the heck of it. I used to take it extremely seriously though, back in my early, Bronze days. Around this time I used to be really toxic and salty too. But now it's a lot different. When I play ranked though, I get really into it. I look for every opportunity to win and I very rarely surrender.

20. GenevB

GenevB Well-Known Member
    Regular

My usual mindset it's to get a win by every necessary mean, even if I have to do it all by myself, and even more importantly, I try to improve my game every game, to play my best no matter the position I play so I can understand the game to a deeper point, I aim for the greatness.