What's your favorite time of the day?

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

I thought of this just out of the blue. It's a good way to start some conversation on this otherwise inactive forum, and it's a good way to discuss and focus on the good times in our lives. And I'm not just talking about the good days or periods, but the best time in the day, which happens almost every day.

My favorite part of the day, would have to be Dusk, or Twilight or whatever it's called. Just when the sun has settled. After a long day at work, I get home. But once I've gotten home, I have to clean around here and there, prepare different things, eat dinner etc etc. But then averagely just around Dusk/Twilight, is when I go to my room and sit down in front of my computer, and just relax because I'm finally back into my alternative reality, my favorite reality, the world I like to be in. Sip some good tea, maybe lit a stick of incense with cinnamon-smell. Hehheh, sounds pretty ironic, but it's great.

If I'm not at home at that time, I'm usually at my partner's place, and Dusk/Twilight is the time when we're not tired from work/school anymore, and our moods are getting better. The sun sets and the day is almost over, and the traffic and street-life is disappearing. It's not so light you have to squint, and yet it's not so dark that you have to squint; it's the perfect soothing calm light that you can just breathe in and enjoy.

So what's your favorite time of the day? Why? :D

2. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I can never be as poetic as you but my favourite part of the day would have to be midnight just because of the silence and the calmness, my brain also works a lot quicker at night and a lot weirder but you know, what can you do?

3. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

I cannot really answer the question, because I usually working shift, so it depends on the shift when I at home, and when I am at work. Of course I like being at home and not at work :D.
    But I can say which season I love in a year. I prefer the Autumn and Winter and maybe Spring. I just think about that the Autumn and the Winter sounds so atmospheric and moody, I love thoos words. Anyway, I love when the general mood outside is foggy, the colours are more greyis. I love walk on the streets this time, and when I arrive home I just want to drink a hot tea, and read or play some games. Not to mention when snowing but it is became rare thing even in Hungary sadly. I feel myself much more like myself than in summer.

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hm, I can see how that works :) Unfortunately, my time-rythm is correct now because I work so much, so I'm fully awake at 10 AM, and when it gets to 10 PM my brain just doesn't work at all :lol:

About times of the year... I do like Autumn with the grey, the moody and beautiful colors on the leaves and the like, but at the same time, it's the time of the year that I like the least. It's raining a lot. I love the rain, but only when I'm inside. And of course, I'm outside a lot; driving cars in and out of the car-mechanic-workshop isn't that glorious when it's pouring down. Everything also becomes darker so fast, and it's difficult for me to adjust to that darkness so soon. There's also the biting cold, yet no beautiful snow. And eventually, there's brownish leaves everywhere that makes the asphalt look messy.

Summer is too hot and full of activities, but at the same time it's a good time for camping trips and being with friends. Late Spring on the other hand, has the perfect temperature. Everything grows and becomes beautiful again, and the air feels fresher as if the melted snow has cleansed the streets.
    I do like winter too. I'm not into winter activities anymore like when I was little, and going to/from the bus every day is cold. But winter is beautiful with all the white snow, and it really sets the mood. It's also the time of the year when I wear my lovely black mafia-coat, which makes all the cold okay :D

5. Autumnal Wanderer

@Skaara Dreadlocks
    I am sooo jealous to you because you live in Norway. Such a beautyfull country, perfect for me. I don't think that in Norway the Summer is so hot like in Hungary though :p.

I had once a maffia-like coat, I loved it, but it eventually had to buy a new one which is not that long unfortunetly.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Probably not at all, but you gotta consider the fact that Norwegians are used to the very cold winters, so when the heat comes, it's really intense for us because we're not used to it. :p

7. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Do you sometimes like to wander around? :p

I prefer the evenings from 5:30-9:00, especially in the Autumn (in the U.S. we call Autumn: Fall). There's something about the evenings that feel special in the Fall. It's not too hot or cold, and if you just happen to want some extra warmth, then you put on a light jacket (though, I never wear a jacket, even in the winter, because I'm being all macho man like, so I don't know why I even mentioned a jacket). It's also nice to go outside and see the nice colors of the leaves -and if you're lucky, somebody will be making some food in their kitchen and you could smell the aroma of delicious food, or maybe somebody will have their fireplace on. Aside from the fall, I still like the evenings year around because the skies over here in the southwest are really nice. The colors of the clouds go from fluffy white to streaks of orange,pink, and purple.

Aside from when the sun is going down, I like the night time. Going around the neighborhood or out someplace is a better experience for me rather than in the middle of the day and or early in the morning. I like low levels of light accommodated by earthy colors.

As for rain, we don't receive much over here in the desert; so rain to us is rather special. When it gets cloudy, you'll notice everyone more alert and spending more time outside. Then when it rains, everyone tends to remain outside, but under some sort of shelter, and watch it poor. It will usually last between 10 to 15 minutes, but it rains hard! So much that you can't even see a house across the street; and sometimes it even begins to hail. Then it just stop abruptly and everyone goes back to what they were doing. For me, an entire perfect day would be: cloudy morning, rainy/drizzle afternoon, cloudy but not gloomy late afternoon , and then the rest of the day sunny until it gets dark. I also like when the moon is really bright at night and you could see shadows. It reminds me of the stalker games.

(so I guess we have permission to make random threads just for conversation now, huh ;)).

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I absolutely love nighttime in Polish rural areas. There's still less light pollution in the old country than there is in England, so nights in the countryside are much darker and it is easier to see the stars. It's much rarer where I live now, more so because I live in a town rather than a village and there's a big city just across the river. As for the time of year - I like hot summers and snowy winters, simply because both of these remind me of home. In the northeast of England, the weather is much harder to predict, windier and more humid. Even though winters here are often without any snow whatsoever, they can still be much colder than full-on snowy Polish winters because of the faster wind and higher humidity.

9. Autumnal Wanderer

Oh, I understand :p. Well, if you sometimes visit this little country I would say come to us Spring or Autumn. Usually in this month are not cold the weather at all but not that hot as in August for example when you want to put off even your skin.

I was'nt wanted to mention thoose things which are obvious :p

Yesterday night was exacly like this in Hungary. I could see our back gardens end when I was out for smooking at night, which normally I cannot see. I can barely see the gate to the garden. I almost forget to mention which connets to your S.T.A.L.K.E.R. metaphor, I heard a strange noises like when you are at Garbage in the game. The rusty metal noise, I was shivered all the time, not just because that game, but because of Metro as well. You know, the whole night was silent and calm, except this. Not to mention that the noise was rhythmic. It was a little bit creepy though. I have never heard it before.

10. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

This is pretty unique to where i live, but i love in summer when its 40* C plus and the artic weather catches up creating a massive drop in temperature and creating a large rainstorm

11. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I really like the night time. Roads are mostly empty, it's calm and quiet. Always been a bit of a night-owl in general, was usually at my most energetic at bed time when I was a kid.

12. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I prefer no particular time of day. My favorite part of each day is not at any set point or time, but whenever I can just sit down and, quietly, learn. I know that sounds ridiculous, but there really is no time of the day I prefer. Many people think they hate learning, but what they actually hate is, most likely, an environment in which they are forced to learn in a specific way.
    Often, especially often in classrooms, we are not taught, but simply learn. Being taught is not simply learning, it is a process in which one realizes their own shortcomings and strengths, and in which they can pursue knowledge in their own way. Sadly, at least in North America and the U.K., we are simply shown what will allow us to pass a standardized test, or allow us to raise a school's ranking in a particular subject. Many people don't learn what true engineering, medical practice, or business is until they experience it first hand.
    Too often, instead of us enjoying our lives, we strive for something that will provide us with no benefit. Many people go into high-income careers, not because they love what is done in these careers, but because they want a large amount of wealth. Some people work to such an extent that they can't even enjoy the money the earn.
    Rather than making decisions, even as small as what time of day we like or as big as what career we plan to purse, based on what society thinks or how it will fill our wallets, we should consider how truly feel about these decisions. Why do I love this time of day, this career, this house? These questions are questions we need to ask ourselves!
    My point is, sometimes, even something as small as what time of day we like can be affected by things we don't even consider. Many of us might love the afternoon because we can spend time with our families, while others may love mornings because we love our work. Consider why you love what you love! You might simply love nights because you have more energy at night, but you might also love them because, at night, you can avoid something you hate. Don't forget that many things we hate or don't like aren't things we truly don't like, but things we have been made to dislike.
    Apologies for the long post, but I've noticed more and more people I know seem to hate or love things simply because society talks about things in a certain manner. Just remember, many things in our lives can be affected by factors that we forget to consider, but subconsciously care for. Think about what you truly like, and let your life go on a path that embraces that.

13. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

I really don't have a favourite time of the day. Any specific time I can think of has its downsides. Though, if I had to choose a time, I would have to follow Potarto about night time. When I was a teenager, around 9 or 10 pm was when I 'perked up' and felt the most active. Now I'm older and it's more that the roads are quiet, and everyone has kinda settled down from all the craziness of a typical day. Plus I get to be obnoxious and piss people off with my bike's loud pipes at night... that's always fun... I like the atmosphere of the nightlife in certain areas, and the peace and quiet in others such as the country, that comes with the embracing darkness of night...

14. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Early morning, up at 7:15, off to work, with the surrounding hills covered in the NZ mist... just gorgeous.

15. Zigrus

Zigrus Member

Late night is my time

16. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tend to enjoy the night time, it is cool and usually quiet. A time where I can usually relax.