What's your favorite chapter on Metro 2033?

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by SagaZelda, Feb 19, 2013.

?

What's your favorite chapter on Metro 2033? (Mark 1 or more)

1. Prologue

23.8%
  2. Chapter 1

28.6%
  3. Chapter 2

57.1%
  4. Chapter 3

57.1%
  5. Chapter 4

28.6%
  6. Chapter 5

28.6%
  7. Chapter 6

9.5%
  8. Chapter 7 & end

19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SagaZelda

SagaZelda Well-Known Member

Prologue includes:
    Prologue & Hunter.

Chapter 1:
    Exhibition & Chase.

Chapter 2:
    Riga, Lost tunnel, Bridge, Lost catacombs, Market and Dead city.

Chapter 3:
    Dry, Ghosts, Anomaly, Cursed, Armory.

Chapter 4:
    Front Line, Trolley combat, Depot, Defense, Child, Outpost, Black Station.

Chapter 5:
    Polis, Library, Depository, Archives, Driving to Sparta.

Chapter 6:
    Dark Star, Dungeon, Cave, D6, Biomass, Separation.

Chapter 7:
    Tower, Top, Ethereal.

2. SagaZelda

I voted for 2, 3 and 5.
    I prefer the exploration above the action. :painkiller:

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I voted for 2 and 3, pretty much.

4. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

This is a great post, very refreshing! I would have to say my favorite chapter in 2033 over every other part of the story is chapter 3. I love the idea, in the "Ghosts" section, of complete narrative within a "First Person Shooter" - a level where there is little to absolutely no firing of the weapons, but pure story-telling in the eyes of an epic character (Khan).

Besides this, I love the first four chapters of the game. It is so hard to pick just one! They're all amazing, and they all weave an insanely gripping story.

5. SagaZelda

I think THE SAME that you about this game's section.

6. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Prologue,Dead City 1 and 2,Alley,Library and Tower and Top are my favourite...chapters. I love every second i get to spend on the surface.

7. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Is it wrong that I voted for all of the chapters?

8. SagaZelda

You can, of course ;)

9. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I can't decide! All of the chapters have something different.

For example I love the atmosphere and immersiveness of the Prologue/1st chapter, that sense of helplessness building something up inside, Hunters mission is enough to release the hero in Artyom.

The 2nd one has the atmosphere yet it feels like you're still young but being trained up and finally having to do some real surviving.

The 3rd is where you kind of feel alone with Khan, coming to terms with the new world but this is where the legend really begins. Great story telling. Although you may feel at the mercy of the tunnels.

The 4th You decide your fate, sneaking through the Metro, sparing the lives of the weak or destroying anything in your path. Learning about the lives of people who are willing or forced to die for their ideals or other reasons like family and really taking an in depth look at your conscience. "Suffocating Darkness and Despair"

The 5th is where you are becoming a real Ranger, facing your hardest (lol) challenges yet, even after you have reached your original destination the story isn't yet over. But you sense the end is near. Scavenging ammo and filters as well as having great combat prowess is the key here.

6th and 7th? You are close and you must fight at the cost of many lives, wondering how many more lives will be lost at the expense of your mission when so many other places have problems just like yours. Great, dark, bleak atmosphere where you always feel exposed. Kind of a similar feeling to Khans chapter.

I can't really explain in depth but I don't really have favourite chapters, it's the certain levels from certain chapters that do it for me.

#9 VanillaToshi, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
  10. Crossing

Crossing Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed 3&4.

11. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

my favourites, 2&5. just love the Dead City levels.

12. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Chapters 1,2 and 3.

Uncle Bourbon <3

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Toshi here got it pretty much spot on. However, even though it was very hard for me to decide and I love all of the chapters, I think I do have two favourites (which I voted for).

Chapter 1 sets the scene masterfully and introduces the player to the world of Metro in a really amazing and extraordinary way. Exhibition shows you how people struggle to survive in the metro system of Moscow, whilst Chase is really stunning on your first playhtrough and there's something really fantastic about it.

Chpater 4 is the best part of the game in terms of gameplay. Levels like Frontline, Outpost and Black Station give true freedom to the player - even though the action takes place in a semi-linear environment during all three of them. The thrills felt during the optional stealth sections of each of these levels is brilliant. Of course, the chapter is not without some more atmospheric and story-heavy moments either.

Though, in the end, I have to agree that every chapter of Metro 2033 os special in one way or another. There's really simply too much there to mention everything... let's hope this will also be the case with Last Light. Anyway, great idea for a thread - this will spark many interesting conversations! :)

14. SagaZelda

:)

It's interesting to see how the levels more interective with the enviroment are the favorites. In the levels like Riga, Market, Dead city, ghosts, lost tunnel, anomaly you don't shoot a lot, you can explore, feel, listen...but don't shoot a lot.

That's nice. The game is different for reasons like these.

PD: If you don't understand something when I write, you can say it to me. I try to learn a lot of English, in a college but here too. :)

15. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Voted for 4 just because Frontline was such a good level and I hope there are more like it in Last Light

16. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Fuck it, I voted for chapter 4 because it's got (in my opinion) the best mix of action, stealth, story telling and horror.

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Sure, but your English is fine most of the time. Some native English speakers on the forum make much worse (and frequent) mistakes than you do. :p

18. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I like 2 and 4. Great levels. I especially like defense and child. You have a last stand... but you lose. Plus, with all the lurkers, it really puts fear into you.

19. jsto779

jsto779 Member

I love 3 when it's you and Khan. I don't know why but I just feel alone even though I'm traveling with Khan. I just like the atmosphere in that chapter, has a stalker vibe to it.

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I agree, they made Khan so spiritual that sometimes you don't feel as though his presence is that of a human being. I loved that since it felt similar to the atmosphere in the book when Khan steps in and saves Artyom's ass.