What's so special about this one?

Discussion in 'ArcheAge' started by BrokenDownFlier, Sep 27, 2014.

1. BrokenDownFlier

I've read the hype and the posts about the game but I'm curious as to what everyone thinks is unique to this game that hasn't already been done in one of the other MMORPG's. I am not part of the beta so I might be missing some of it. Try to sell me on this game using your own words--and if you're in the beta, your own experiences if you can. I have been gaming a long time, just left World of Warcraft and am looking for something else to do. So let's see the pros and the cons, the bugs and the goodies that make this game worth your time.

2. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well one thing I have noticed in the game is that the PvP is actually fun and unique. I mean you can have ship battles, I have never played any game where that was possible. I love Pvp so that is what I used it for. Other aspects are pretty much like every other MMO. I usually just jump back and forth between WoW and GW2, but this game was a nice change.

3. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

Besides the show stopper bugs, former server queues and constant spam which is normal at the launch of many MMO games, I would say the things that pop out the most in terms of being unique or more unique is that players have a chance to buy open world plots, upgrade them, farm on them and maintain them with taxes. Furthering that, the resources you craft and produce from your plots are in turn either traded off or collected at a central banking system that fuels the economy. You may think that WoW already does this but not to this degree.

In ArcheAge, players can come together to form governments, build fortresses together and eventually, a sprawling city. Each city state may have their own specific goods to trade. Maybe they are strong in one area of trade while weak in another.

Another thing is that the collective of players that form these governments can also diversify the role of each person, placing them specifically into a department or a sub-faction so to speak. I can become an enforcer that manages my group of 'police' against raiders, pirates, etc. You can become part of a judicial faction that oversees that people are punished accordingly, etc.

Unfortunately, after playing it for about 7-8 hours, I stopped. The thing that turned me off is that once you lose your Patron status, you can't pay plot taxes, thus people can destroy it or take it over. In SWTOR, they have a subscription, free to play and Preferred Member statuses. Once you lose your sub, you become a Preferred Member. None of your stuff gets removed. You just get limited access. If ArcheAge has that, then I will go back to play it again, but as it stands, I will probably uninstall it in the near future.

4. BrokenDownFlier

At least you got to actually play it. I thought I'd install and give it a shot. Installation was a major annoyance. From the time I clicked to download Glyph to the point where I could actually play was almost 3 hours. 50 minutes to download 8.6G then another 40-some to verify, decompressing took 50 and finally, the actually applying took 45 minutes...all in all way too much time.

I couldn't even begin to play; any time I clicked the Play button, it brought up this screen http://prntscr.com/4rcekr and then never loaded the game. Since I don't have any other user accounts on this computer, I left it with the default.

To top it all off, I asked on their support about this problem and they banned my account, no reason given. So I uninstalled their garbage until they can get their stuff together to be more professional.

5. imagenscape

imagenscape Well-Known Member

wow I was a bit curious about this game but after seeing the post on this board I think I'll skip this one. Or maybe I'll just around and see if they ever get there act together before I try to play this game.

6. Muraki

Muraki Member

This may sound a little harsh but just go and try it out.

It wont take too much of your time, especially if you happen to not like it. Since I'm not the maker of that game but just a mere gamer I don't see it as my duty to try and sell this game to you. I can tell you I had fun playing it and it has some interesting features that are worth checking out, and that's about it that you can demand from a fellow gamer.

7. celinejulietdcosta

celinejulietdcosta Well-Known Member

I have not tried it. Looking forward to using it soon.

8. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure, the only thing I have advertised is that graphics look really cool (maybe not the best ones but for a free to play game they are just fine).

For what I've heared archeage is a game that allos you to do many things, not just keep grinding, but I haven't played it yet.

9. joshua minaya

joshua minaya Active Member

i have not really had much of the hype of the game but from what others are saying on some other sites it does have some interesting reviews.

10. celinejulietdcosta

celinejulietdcosta Well-Known Member

This game is pretty interesting. Most amazing thing in this game is the battle and fights.

11. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

Well, I am playing for about two weeks to this game and I should say it is pretty fun. There are a lot of things to do, not just killing monsters, you can do great battles on the sea, been judged if you have killed a lot of players and go to the jail, become a pirate, climb trees, fly... And the graphics are great too when you set up everything on "high".

12. ChrisM53

ChrisM53 Active Member
    Regular

This is one of those MMOs that you almost have the purest sense of the feeling of "I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT" which is a very unique thing being brought to the table. If I had more time to invest in the game, I'm sure I would have played it to the literal max. I have always been an avid WoW lover and still play WoW, but I find myself all the time asking "Well why hasn't Blizzard implemented anything like this :(?" Arche Age almost feels like a open sandbox MMO. Like to the literal core :).

13. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

AA has a stunning graphics for me, at the moment, nonetheless it's free to play, it has one of the best graphics so far in a MMORGP and that's one of the reason that I play it pretty much.

KyubiChan likes this.
  14. KyubiChan

KyubiChan Active Member
    Regular

I think ArcheAge has great graphics. I really love all the trees in that game. On a side note, when I first started playing ArcheAge, I kept thinking about the game and when I saw trees IRL I kept wondering if I can chop that particular tree down. There are a lot of different things you can do to level, so you aren't stuck with only having to do quests. You can farm, PVP, craft to make money and EXP to level.

15. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

ArcheAge has a lot of "WoW" features that might attract the newer MMO population. The graphics are quite stunning compared to the other modern MMOs today but I don't really believe that's the key factor that makes the game. The game is an open sandbox MMO which allows for a lot of opportunities for the players (open world traveling.. etc).

16. Luuchan

Luuchan Member

I like ArcheAge because there is more than just the PVP aspect, which is something that is always emphasized in MMOs and something I'm not really interested in. I've just started playing myself, but I really like the real-life details they've put into the game, like having to learn a new language in order to speak to people of other races. The skill tree is also super unique, because you can basically create your own class. Not to mention the world is huge and quite beautiful for a free game. I don't have that many hours logged into it yet, but I'm definitely impressed with what I've seen so far.

17. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

This game has many attractive features which attract more people towards it.The graphics of this game are quite better than any other MMOs nowadays.This game is quite interesting with a good story.Killing the deadly monsters on the sea is very interesting and amazing.