What's Rift like these days?

Discussion in 'Rift' started by MorgUK, Sep 1, 2013.

1. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

I got it on launch and played it for about 2 months, it was good but I didn't have anyone to play it with. What's it like now compared to launch? Is it just more maps and more polished or have they changed the game in any great way?

2. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

It's not changed too much to be honest, and it's still good fun You should start coming back and playing the game again, there's loads to do and it's one of my favorite MMORPG's after WOW. The leveling system will have you playing it for ages, and you'll get hours of fun out of it.

3. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

Hmm don't tempt me! From what I remember Rift was pretty much a WoW clone, but obv you have the rifts that appear. Has it developed more or is it still the same? Have you played Guild Wars 2, can you compare it to that?

4. James

James Member

Its a really fun game still but as many other games its dying and quite fast considering all these new free games are coming out.

5. Bloody Daydream

It's all about the content timing. Thankfully, they're pushing out new world events, new phases in the lore and other things to keep players busy, but a static world of modular design can only go so far.

The world events keep things fluid, and I'm able to have fun with new players by leveling down to help. It's something I enjoy, because I enjoy playing the game with a bit of resistance in difficulty as a whole. Not just endgame, not just the ego that comes with the gear of the now or the numbers of the now. The whole package.

Unfortunately, the industry isn't just for the loyal and hardcore anymore. It's an open world that has to consider keeping people's attention. Rift is doing fine as it is and has certainly exploded in population. It's still stable after a few months of free to play. We'll see how things are a year from that point, which will be the real test of its strength.

The new games will certainly test its fortitude. In an age where computers are so much faster and cheaper to bring up to performance standards, it's easy to wander. Back in WoW's hayday I was considered a weirdo with too much free time and money because I'd have multiple games subbed on multiple monitors. Now it's easy to do with hardware and no longer a sunk cost problem as far as subscriptions.

I speak for my experience on the Faeblight US server, I should mention. There may be some dry servers out there, but the RP server of US shards is still alive and kicking.

6. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

I for one haven't gone back to it after playing to for first couple of hours. Yes, it's a good game, but it's not my cup of tea. I am not much into these kind of MMORPGs.

7. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

When I tried RIFT I didn't care for it to much it felt to slow for me so I eventually stopped playing and played other games, but chances if you didn't like it then you most likely wont like it now, but if you don't want to waste your time downloading the game I recommend watching a few more current gameplay videos it can help you decide if the game is worth trying again.

8. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

Good point I'll watch a few more videos and live streams.

9. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Really fun and good. I love it. Me and my husband play all the time. I have like three or so characters on there. I play it with him so I have someone to play with. I think that it is still really fun and good to play and it is free, so if you have to hold off on another game for awhile I would recommend this one.

10. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

I like it just as much if not more than I did WoW. It seems much more relaxed, yet even more entertaining. There is a lot to do for it being a Freemium game. Tons of players too. I recommend it for any WoW fan.