what weapons do you want?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by BORIS13, Jul 13, 2011.

1. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

what weapons do you want?

2. SerStalin

SerStalin Member

More home-made guns like the Bastard Gun and the pneumatic guns, less high-tech stuff like the Kalash-2012. And definitely a new look for the common AK-47. The one in 2033 didn't look quite right, it seemed to have camo on it.

Also, some old soviet handguns would be nice :)

3. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I think its cool that there's gonna be a bolt action rifle this time around. Maybe a pump action shotgun as well?

4. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Keep them all rather old and worn-looking, but maybe have a few "hand-made" ones? But a minigun is definitely a no-no, since ammo is scarce!

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

As RedJacketMan said, a pump-action shotgun is a must.

6. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

Instead of the minigun what about adding the KS-23 it and its ammo would be extremely rare. it could be used in some places like on the table where the minigun was found instead of the minigun put the KS-23 there. The KS-23 is a russian law enforcement pump action shotgun that uses 6 gauge ammo(standard shotguns use 12 gauge which means that the Ks-23 has more than double the amount of lead) it would surely be a devastating weapon and it and its ammo should be expensive and well hidden.

And I would like to see the Dragunov SVD put in the game since its a common sniper rifle in the russian and former Warsaw-Pact countries.

And a minor suggestion:

Instead of that every weapon of the same type looks the same why not add different textures so that a Bastard SMG could spawn with a cleaner look,more rusty look different grip,stock or sights. i got the idea from Borderlands which generates the ingame guns by generating its type; SMG,Sniper rifle, Machinegun etc then each individual part: sight barrel stock grip magazine etc.

7. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I don't agree with having a sniper, 99% is cqb so it would be useless but I do like your idea on the weapons having different parts.

8. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

The VSV is kinda a sniper rifle too(aka the silent machinegun thingy with a 20 round mag if you are not a gun nut)

9. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

maybe more smgs there was only the p90, i would like to see an mp5 stealth :O

10. Von Streff

Regular

A sniper mission (where you are on the surface) would be awesome, even if you use the rifle only once. Maybe sniping mutants as they run around their nest or something.

11. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

That would be pretty cool, Von Streff. Maybe you could be having a sniper duel over long range. Each dodging the other's shots, and trying to lure the other into giving away his position.

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Oh hell yeah, I'd love to play a sniper mission in Metro; popping the skulls of those dumb Nazi pricks! :p

13. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

a sniper mission. man that wud be aweomse..!! maybe like wen u have to secretly assasinate a nazi or red officer or general perhaps?

14. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, or maybe stopping a convoy of trucks, or even the leader of a mutant pack?

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

As long as we get a nice sniper mission and we still get to kill some Nazis, I'm happy. :p

16. Greywolf997

Greywolf997 Well-Known Member

electric or plasma would be awsome

17. Greywolf997

Greywolf997 Well-Known Member

Now that would be awsome but it counts on wat kind of sniper if they do put it i hope ITS NOT a pump becuse those get anoying and they blow ur postsison

18. Von Streff

Regular

Well, a sniper rifle that gives away your position defeats the purpose, very true. But 4A will do a good job.

Just a point about the minigun: I've been reading Metro 2033 for the second time, and I guess there might be heavy weapons out there. The first bit of info: when Artyom goes with Bourbon to Market (?) station, he says "You could get a weapon which could wipe out half the Metro". Second bit: When Artyom first sees Melnik (the Stalker), he is carrying a light-machine-gun (not a submachine-gun), with an oiled belt of cartridges hanging over his shoulder.

My point: I've been saying how a minigun is ridiculous. But it might not be so ridiculous as I thought...

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Now that I look back into my memories of some of the stuff in the book, I agree. Still I think weapons such as miniguns should be very hard-to-obtain though, if available in the game at all.

20. Von Streff

Regular

Or very expensive. But with the opening of D6, maybe more ammo and weaponry was found. So I'm sorry, 4A, you have quite a few things to base this change on. My bad! :) But they should still keep it like the first game. :D