What weapons do u hope to see in last light?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by BORIS13, Oct 30, 2011.

?

What weapons do u hope to see in last light?

1. Pistols

51.6%
  2. Automatice weapons

29.0%
  3. Shotguns

32.3%
  4. Snipers

38.7%
  5. Air Rifles

32.3%
  6. Other (Homemade, knifes, grenades, flash grenades, etc.)

64.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

But it could work many peple have built man portable railguns in their workshops and garages and even though the projectile is "slow" compared to millitary versions they could still fire sharpened pieces of rebar which would make it dangerous so I hope the volt-driver stays.

And I had a crazy idea for a weapon for the "ranger" difficulties:

A Dragunov SVD with a KS-23 attached under the barrel it would be a "wonder" weapon like the auto-shotgun from 2033.

2. Gharren

Gharren Active Member

I personally want more pistols, sniper rifles, and lots of makeshift/homemade weapons.
    Didn't like the air rifles much.

3. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

i think they need more pistols like the makarov pistol you here so much about in the book

4. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

The pistol was excellent in Metro 2033, one of the most reliable and satisfyingly loud weapons. :)

5. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

i liked the revolvers with silencers on them. Good weapon for headshots
    very satisfing. However i think 2033 lacked more modern weapons such as TT, PT6, maybe even a desert eagle although i doubt it.

6. Aaron

Regular

i dont know why there is even an ak-47 in this game there are almost non left in the whole world they need to have more modern guns like the one the russian army currently uses like the ak-74m (the M stands for modernized) and the aek-971 in current time it is being tested to replace the ak series so in the future it might be the new small arm. Or even an an-94 (<--may have spelled that wrong) but it is the current russian paratrooper small arm. as for an rpg-7 that is also hardly used in the russian army the work horse of the russian army today is the rpg-27 (it looks more like a ''L.A.W'' rocket luncher)

7. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

It makes enough sense. I mean, the mosin nagant is still around in the world as a weapon, yet obviously its been a long time since its been the main weapon of the russian army.

8. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

-Makarov + Attachments
    -SR-3M Vikhr + Attachments
    -Bear Traps
    -VSS Vintorez
    -New Pneumatic Weapons
    -Usable Traps/Droppable Grenades to shoot

;)

9. VSV

VSV Active Member

They need to make Bayonets a possible attachment for guns with ADS capabilities.

That is all.

10. StrangeCase

StrangeCase Member

I believe the "Kalash" weapons in 2033 are AK-74 rifles, as they fire 5.45mm ammunition. I'd also add that there are millions of AK-47's and AKM's in the world. :p

Generally, I think Metro 2033 did a fantastic job with the weapons. Each felt unique and had well-balanced advantages and drawbacks. Some kind of alternative to the revolver (perhaps a Makarov) wouldn't be a bad thing- the revolver might be more powerful and accurate, while the semi-auto would have better clip capacity and handling. I also liked the look of the semi-automatic rifle shown in the pre-alpha footage.

And of course, the jury-rigged weaponry is part of Metro's identity. It just wouldn't be the same without the hasty repairs and the sense that it has been used dozens of times before. Not only does it give the game a distinct feel, it also makes pristine weaponry (e.g. Kalash 2012) seem all the more special.

11. Aaron

Regular

there are not millions of ak 47s there are millions of copies and versions made by different country's but not original ak 47 (rare to find these days) And those are ak 74s in the game you can tell by the long muzzle break,skinnier front sight and rigged upper reciever. but i dont know why they call them ak47s in the game

12. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, the weapons were definitely good in 2033. I don't really like those modern guns, personally, and the volt-driver seemed a little ridiculous, but luckily it didn't have a huge advantage over any of the other guns. :) I like pre-2000 weapons, and older if possible. :) Just my thoughts, though.

13. StrangeCase

StrangeCase Member

Lol, alright. There are millions of copycat AK-47 rifles in the world.

Are they called AK-47's in the game? AFAIK Bourbon promises you his "AK", but everywhere else it's just called Kalash. It's entirely possible that I'm wrong, definitely wouldn't be the first time, but I remember it pretty clearly.

I'll drink to that. The Volt Driver was a little too sci-fi for me as well. I do like that it had disadvantages, though you can get your first one while you're still using Bastard SMG's and unmodified revolvers, so... eh.

14. Aaron

Regular

well that stuff doesn't matter. the game is the star here but i think they need more than just a revolver in last light. sure it was very good but more than one option would be nice what happened to the makarov pistol you hear about all the time in the book?

15. Von Streff

Regular

Very true, the game was a diamond, and that's what matters. Lets hope they don't get Fallout-y and start adding all sorts of fantasy weapons. This is a grim, realistic world, with realistic weapons.

16. sempiedade

sempiedade Member

I agree

and would be nice more types of weapons, like melee, and some slow motion movement to kill ith melee, like they already said before, it would be awesome

17. sempiedade

sempiedade Member

oh, and could be very cool, some type of remote detonated explosive, a very simples homemamde, like a graneda attached to a walkie-talkie or something like that

18. TrollofWar

TrollofWar Well-Known Member

I like the 'home made' and 'jury-rigged' style of weaponry in Metro 2033, so I'd like weaponry to stay inkeeping with this.

Although the thing I definitely want to see, and was particularly concerned about after having seen the gameplay footage, is the Good ol' fashioned knife. The selectable knife is an integral weapon in 2033 at many points where ammunition is scarce, and it would be a shame to lose this for the sake of 'streamlining' or pleasing the audiences of certain other shooters...

19. Shrooms

Shrooms Member

Yes, I agree with that :)

20. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

It will look jury rigged no matter what as long as its duct taped everywhere, uses flags or blankets for cheek rests and spent casings and shells for charging handles.