What was your first PC?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by MorgUK, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Nickmandelson

Nickmandelson Member

The first computer I ever used was this old Windows 98 PC, about 12-14 years ago. The internet was incredibly slow and went through a phone jack, and the games that I played on it were pretty archaic, but I did have fun with it.

2. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I remember those times well, the internet was really crappy back then, I had to wait hours to get connected through my dial-up modem, and even then, the connection spots were limited and there was no guarantee you would get a spot. Having a cable connection was very rare back in the day.

3. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I seriously can't even remember the details of my PC, other than it was the biggest crap hole I have ever owned. My PC barely started up, ran windows vista, and really the only thing it was good for was going on the internet- if it even allowed you to do so. Woohoo dialup!

4. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

The first computer that I have ever owned had these parts.
    AMD 3800+ @ 2.5 GHz
    3GB of DDR1 400Mhz
    Asustek Amberine M
    ATI Express 200+ iGPU
    200GB HDD
    24x DVD burner

I sold it to a friend of mine a couple of years back and he still uses it today.

5. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

Mine is like a 10 year old PC.
    I think it's made by Dell, not sure about the information though. It's a grey with some blue.

6. megadelayed

megadelayed Active Member

My PC was something like a Pentium 2 400Mhz, 128MB RAM, 8GB hard drive with 1 3.5 and 1 5.25 inch floppy drives. However, that lump of PC goodness actually managed to run Windows XP haha. Oh and I also had a 14 inch CRT monitor.

7. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I had Pentium III 900Mhz, 512MB RA;, 40GB hard drive and some Ubuntu in it. It didn't run windows xp quite well. However, with ubuntu I managed to play some games of low graphics but mostly I used it for surfing the internet. However, it cost me only 10$ at the time I bought it.

8. BluBird

BluBird New Member

First our family owned was some Packard Bell effort. 120MHz Pentium, 8MB ram, 1GB HD, 1MB Cirrus Logic onboard gfx chip. Win 95

First I owned myself had an athlon XP, 256MB ram, Geforce MX440 64MB. Think it had a 40 or 60GB hard disk and Windows 2000. Remember needing it to replace our 2nd family owned PC which struggled a bit in the original counter-strike lol.

9. hamz10

hamz10 Well-Known Member

Well my dad owned a computer shop so I grew up with computers. I had a computer when I was 4! It was really good back then.

It had about:
    -256mb ram.
    -32mb intergrated graphics.
    -1.0 ghz dual core.

It ran windows 98 but It was quite fast for what it had!

10. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

I don't remember but it had Windows 3.1 on it and I used to play 'Lemmings' on it. :)

11. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I remember that our very first computer was Windows '95. I forgot the model but that was the first PC we had.

12. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

My first computer was the family computer, it was Windows 97, I think? I don't remember the specs because I didn't even know what that was when I was 7. (I do not recall that: "It's safe to turn off your computer." I don't know why, but that just gave me a sense of security back then. :))

I loved to get on the computer and play some of the little games on there and the sounds of it invokes nostalgia of better days. :)

13. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

I still remember my first PC, in fact I still have under my bed. It's a Windows XP machine, Pentium II with a whopping 128 MB's or RAM and a generous 64MB shared video memory. That PC started me off with Counter Strike and Half Life and ever since my career path of being a doctor or an engineer was altered.

14. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
    256MB RAM then upgraded to 512MB

That's all I can remember, but it's pretty much dead.

15. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

I think the brand of my first PC was eMachines or something. I don't think they're in the market anymore since most higher tech companies are more advanced.

16. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

My first one was a kind of blast of PC as it runned smoothly for quite some time and I've just changed it recently. It had these following components by the way:
    - Quad Core Duo CPU
    - Geforce 82000
    - 3GB RAM
    - 500GB HD

17. jamesbonner

jamesbonner Active Member
    Regular

The First computer I got was in 2004 when I was 11 years old, it was
    Pentium 4 coputer
    60G HHD
    128 MB Ram
    64 MB Graphic card ! lol that's all what I remember

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh god, I remember it being an IBM computer with Windows 95 on it, early 2000s. I played a lot of stuff on it, but I don't remember anything because I was so young!

19. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

My first PC was technically some old DOS junk machine. Not too long after that I got a Celeron powered Win 98 machine, and it was day and night difference really.

20. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't remember since I was so young but it was a PC that still ran on Windows 93 or 99. God it was so old and my family shared that small PC shaped like a box. I used to play DOOM and Duke Nukem on it. Great times.