Quantcast

What was your first impression of the game?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by William Quah, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Alaire

Alaire Member Regular

"You've gotta play this game!" everyone said, and my first glance of everyone's game completely involved 1) the Skyforge, 2) everyone's advanced armor, and 3) the constellations that made up the talent trees.

So needless to say, upon first glance I found it a little bit daunting. But holy crap was it beautiful.

Even after playing far enough to advance the main story quest, back off, and do 7063698349 side quests, I still think it's beautiful, and there was nothing my friends could have said to prepare me for this game. I am by no means perfectly versed in Elder Scrolls lore, but I'm not opposed to learning more either. The game is absolutely perfect for a newbie like myself, to just explore and slowly learn the world I'm living in as I go along. I get perfectly enough adventure and action, but sometimes I'm happy playing the game to relax!

From here on out, if I have a friend who wants to try the game, I'm going to do what I wish everyone had done for me.

"Here, take this. Now, do anything you want. Really. Anything.You.Want."

Cyborg Superman and Nytegeek like this.
  2. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I resisted playing Skyrim for a long time because I was afraid I'd be sucked in... and sure enough, as soon as I started playing I was sucked in for hundred of hours. The game was hyped HUGE to me since I kept putting off playing it, and even with all of those expectations, it still blew my mind. It has this amazing vibe (for lack of a better word), it's really amazing.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I loved it. It really was one of the only games where I knew right away that I was in for something good. It usually takes me a little while to really get used to a new game and experience all of its features until I make a real decision, but this one was easy. It has such good graphics and a good lead in that it was easy to like right from the start,

4. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

It's actually crazy how easy it is to get into Skyrim. You'd think it would be overly complicated, being an RPG, but you somehow quickly figure it out. I've spent so many hours crafting and making potions, it's insane how fun and rewarding just doing that is.

5. SimiWolfie

SimiWolfie Active Member Regular

My first impression was that it was way, WAY too difficult to play. But after I was bugged mercilessly by my best friend to try it out, and I finally got out of Helgen, it became a ton of fun to me. I'm over halfway done with the entire game, and I haven't become bored yet!

6. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member Regular

I actually went online and was looking at Alienware reviews when I noticed the game. I couldn't really afford Alienware laptops, but I certainly could afford the game itself. So I went ahead and purchased skyrim. Someone had already pointed out in the comments section that the game was Skyrim.

7. Kayla Bishop

Kayla Bishop Member Regular

I hated the beginning because I was confused on where to go, but once I got out into the world I loved it! I wasn't expecting such a big map.

8. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member Regular

I thought the game looked amazing. The graphics were above and beyond Oblivion. I thought the world looked beautiful and the NPC looked really great. I was really impressed with the game and I still love this game. I spent over 300 hours playing it. I think I just might have to go back and explore the world some more. It has been a while since I last stepped foot in Skyrim!

9. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice Regular

When I saw the previews, I thought it was pretty. I got the game on the very first day it came out, enjoyed the first couple of hours, and then it just became a tedious slog through the same draugr infested copy-pasted dungeons with repetitive "go here, fetch this, then go here" quests. I can't believe I fell for Todd's lies. Never again, I promise for real this time. Now please excuse me while I go play Fallout 4.

10. djskyrim

Lol! Yeah, that's why I even started avoiding Draugr related quests. Bandits? Fine. All the other scary stuff, not always fine.

11. SecretPaladin

SecretPaladin Active Member Regular

My mind was blown since the very first dragon appearance. As I had never played an Elder Scrolls game before, Skyrim was something else. The graphics were hot, the soundtrack was hot, and the gameplay and storyline were well worth the money. I've played it hundreds of hours, amazing game. One of the best I've ever touched.

djskyrim likes this.
  12. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

My first time playing the game (after the first few hours when it kind of dragged) was just this chain of confusion and wonder. Very whimsical but in a confined, thematic way. Don't know how to describe it better than that but definitely awesome :D

13. djskyrim

To tell you the truth, I was hooked even before I played the game. I had seen a review of the game and this guy was slashing through a dragon like anything, switching weapons on the fly, drinking potions, etc. Everything that you needed in a game and more. So, I just had to go out there and get the game. The graphics were one of the main reasons why I bought this game.

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

My first impression to the game was that, yes, it was beautifully made, the graphics were top notch, but I highly doubted the quests would be very good and the story won't be as long, because they spent too much time and money on visuals. I was definitely and happily wrong about that, the quests were amazingly written, the dungeons were really large, and the entire map had so many secrets, if I played today I still would discover new quests and areas that I have never even discovered in the 4 years that I have been playing. Now THAT is amazing.

15. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

The graphics are not as good as some of you make them out to be. They are decent but could definitely be improved upon.

16. ToneyWatermeloney

ToneyWatermeloney Active Member Regular

The sheer scale of the world is what drew me in, I wasn't too impressed with the graphics, but the character options were a great addition! :)

17. HippyZomby

HippyZomby Member Regular

The only reason I first picked up this game was to impress my boyfriend at the time. He was a huge Elder Scrolls nerd. I had gone many night with no attention thanks to Morrwind and Oblivion by the time Skyrim came out I was done. He brought the game home and spent like a month playing and one night I walked over after he had saved. I demanded the remote and started playing. I fell in love, I then turned around and played Morrwind and Oblivion and then restarted my skyrim save so that way I would not be considered a poser. I am now better than him, we split a few years back but even now he will call me and ask me about side quests, he has yet to find one that I dont know about. I tell him how to do it if he is stuck. My first impression of the game changed my life lol. I now play games for fun and as a hobby. Thank you Skyrim. :)

18. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member Regular

My first impression of the game was, " FINALLY!! DRAGONS!! AND YOU CAN USE DRAGON VOICE TO MURDER DRAGONS WHO ARE YOUR ANCESTORS AND WHOSE SOUL RESIDES IN YOU BECAUSE YOU"VE CHOSEN BY AKATOSH, THE DRAGON GOD!!! AWESOME!! What?"

19. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

At first I really picked it out for curiosity and because it was mainstream. When I started to play it, I began to grow a bit more addicted to it at a point and nearly fell in love with it.

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member Regular

I remember that one of the first things that caught my eye were the graphics (I found them super well developed). Because of that I kept playing it.