Quantcast

What was your first impression of the game?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by William Quah, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Arma45

Arma45 Active Member

My first impression of the game was thinking how amazing the graphics looked. I thought this because I had saw others who posted screen shots of their games and was knocked back by how real it looked. I had already played Morrowind and Oblivion, I knew I had to give this a go too!

When I started playing, I was a little saddened by the fact it didn't look as real as the shots I seen taken. Only after looking around and reading more I realized they were using mods. Knowing I could use so many mods to add so much more to the game however, made it much more enjoyable after that.

2. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

My first impresstion was "Wow! this game has pretty cool, the graphics are awesome and it's a big world.". And I played it for straight 10 hours.

3. Bigbrain50

Bigbrain50 Member

My First thoughts were awe, shock and excitiment, then a little later it fell into depression and doubt, as i realised just how expansive and detailed a game it was, its really good, maybe one of the best games I've ever played and ever will play... I still haven't played it to the end yet...lol

4. When I played it for the first time I was simply stunned and overwhelmed by the sheer size of the game. I had just completed the first quest where you manage to escape your execution and I was free to do whatever I pleased. The thing is though since the world of Skyrim is so large I had literally no idea where to start. I got to the first town and spent about 2 hours talking to the townsfolk and exploring the nearby area. Also, the graphics and scenery looked breath-taking and the crafting, alchemy and enchanting system seemed really intimidating and complex. The first time I played it I knew I would be playing Skyrim for a long time and boy was I right :)

5. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

My first impression was get shocked with the graphics. They look amazing. Also, I just loved the main theme from the soundtrack. Then I get into the character creator. I was surprised with all the options (it was my first elder scrolls). Also, I thinked that characters have ugly faces, nothing that the first person view can't fix xD

6. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I loved the first 50 hours I put into Skyrim, and then I hated everything after that. I don't know why it was any different, but I got tired of it far faster than any other game. I put 100 hours into Fallout 3 and never wanted to stop playing, for reference.

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

I was quite shocked with how good this game looked. It was not only pretty, but an amazing game with a deep lore and a lot of stuff to do. I wandered around the whole area for next couple of hours before dong any quests. This is the beauty of Skyrim - you are free to do whatever and whenever you want.

8. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

'Oblivion was better'

I still feel that way to a certain extent. I didn't really get into the earlier games and Morrowind didn't run on my PC when it was released. Oblivion on the PS3 was my first exposure to the series. Both are excellent games but I played Oblivion more and so I have more fond memories of it than I do Skyrim.

9. Sam

Sam Member

I heard a lot of people talking about it on the Internet, so I rented it on my console. My first thoughts were "Wow, this game is massive!". What drew me more into the game is the levelling up system, it is very satisfying after you achieved a new level and wondering which perk to use.

10. Skycube

Skycube Member

I was quite overwhelmed at first by just the vast landscape of Skyrim. As well as the character build, I didn't know what to focus on. Eventually I was able to get a grasp of things and really then started to enjoy the game.

11. Obvcynicae

Obvcynicae Member

When I saw it, the world was what appealed to me the most, at first. Even without any mods installed, it was still fantastic, and absolutely massive. After a bit, I just started exploring (and dying by mistake) for the longest time.

12. Michelle

Michelle Well-Known Member

I'm new to the game (I'm always late to the party!) and I hadn't really seen any gameplay of it at all. All I heard was word of mouth with how cool it was.

I've been playing a little while now, and I have to say my first impression was 1)I hate the controls and 2) everything else is amazing. I'm not a game or graphics snob, so I can't sit here and really critique anything with purpose. I know that the game keeps me entertained and interested for hours, and although sometimes it seems a little easy I know that I'm still early on.

13. Rholm

Rholm Member

I purchased the game partially due to the hype of it as an early birthday present for myself. I remember putting it into my Xbox and seeing the introductory scene, I was overjoyed and in awe at the beauty of the environment. (though, looking back it may just have been my excitement giving me a bias towards loving everything about it)
    I remember feeling nostalgic and melancholic when it reminded me of the days I would wake up early in the mornings before school to play Oblivion, and how this game had given me a new-found sense of joy towards the Elder Scrolls series. My first impression was one of love at first sight, and even now I do go back and play, time and time again. It never gets old, and there is always content I've never seen before to play through. (and this is all discounting mods)

14. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

"Wow, this is huge" I believe were the first words I uttered in relation to Skyrim. I believe the second impression I had was followed along the lines of "Are you sure this isn't Oblivion or something? I keep getting lost and people keep trying to kill me."

15. Aladar

Aladar Well-Known Member

My first impressions were from actually playing it, as I was avoiding any promo material to be sure I don't get my hopes up too much. We all know how TES games tend to be overhyped every time, after all. But yeah, I loved it. It started up a little slow for me, as in I didn't know if I'll liike it or not until around two hours in, but then I was totally lost in the world.

16. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

When I first played it I was completely overwhelmed and didn't know what to do! I think it was only my second hugely open world RPG so I was a little confused on where to start and didn't want to mess anything up. The game was beautiful though. When I finally gave it another shot and played through it I was amazed by how expansive and detailed it was.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I really enjoyed the graphics, although I was kind of lost because there were a lot of stuff going on.
    Slowly I became used to the game and I'm having a lot of fun right now!

18. devonbomer

devonbomer Active Member

When this game came out, I found it to be a miracle! So much that this game offered was lacked by so many prior RPG's. This was actually my first time playing the Elder Scrolls series, so I was pretty blown away by the graphics and gameplay. It can be difficult, and that's what I like! Having to make decisions and travel by foot at times was incredible! I felt like the Skyrim universe was too big, and I was blown away!

In fact, I think I might go on and see where I was, haha!

19. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

That the water was nice. I always look at the water to see how well the gaming company does on it. Water is difficult, and I think that Bathesda usually does well with it based on the system they are currently using.

20. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member Regular

Unfortunately I knew what to expect before getting the game. While waiting for the game to be released, I was searching the internet everyday for news until 11/11/11 arrived. There was a dude who had acquired the game before it was officially released so he posted the first few hours. I wouldn't watch them but the anticipation was killing me so I gave in. There was no element of surprise when I got the game, I just couldn't wait to experience it myself.