Quantcast

What was your first impression of the game?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by William Quah, Feb 12, 2014.

1. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

When I first saw it being demoed, my impression was that it looked amazing. Then they showed the improved third person animations, I was even more happy because I thought third person combat was finally playable. When I got the game, I was slightly disappointed that the third person wasn't what I had expected.

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

When I first played it, I hadn't really watched any of the videos on it and honestly was taking a chance checking if it would even run on my (at the time) new computer. It passed with flying colours but at the time I had just gotten most of it from a friend of mine so I wasn't sure what it could do.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I was amazed by the atmosphere even without mods, I thought I would suck at the game, but surprising I did OK so after a few days I bumped up the difficulty to master!

4. Delusional

Delusional Well-Known Member

I was just amazed by the graphics and the world. I just liked to walk around, pick ingredients, kill animals, ...
    I really liked everything about it. I would love to play it on a higher setting but my PC can't handle it right now.

5. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

My first thoughts were, wow, What a beautiful and huge game, how will it ever end?

6. Nickmandelson

Nickmandelson Member

Even without mods, I was impressed with the graphical fidelity, as well as the openness and scale of the world.

7. kelemenur

kelemenur Active Member

At first I didn't like the leveling system, I was missing Oblivion's. I got used to it though, and I have to admit it's better in many aspects to its predecessor.

8. cmluepke

cmluepke Member

My first impression was "OMG WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN PLAYING THIS FOR SO LONG!" Basically at the amazing graphics during the intro scene.

9. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

I had been waiting about a year to play skyrim, so when it was finally released it blew me away. I thought the intro was alright but the rest of the game was so much fun and never ending. I cant wait till the next Elder scrolls id released, they are always a pleasure.

10. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

My first impression was: "Epic!" followed by "The world is way too big for me" <--- this is not a bad thing. It was just overwhelming. Since it has the ability to add mods and expansions, it meant the world could grow. This was amazing.

11. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

my first impression was, WOOOOW this game is HUGE!!!

deathbyprayer likes this.
  12. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Well-Known Member

I was actually bothered by it at first and almost returned it. How naive. I was used to going to the Market District in the Imperial City for all my shopping needs. So you can imagine I was a little put off with the barter system in Skyrim.

Once I got passed that however, I grew to like Skyrim much more than Oblivion, Imperial City market or not.

13. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

First time I fired the game up I thought the game was okay but oh boy once I got into the game I was just swept away and my first thoughts, "This game is freaking huge!". I fairly hate most games that have a lot of side quests but Skyrim just makes all the side quests really interesting so it feels like all the side quests are main quests. Unlike in Assassin's Creed where all the side quests are just repetitive brain killing fillers.

14. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

First time I played this game I thought it was going to be cheesy as hell. I mean, the opening scene is really laughable because of the voice acting. But one I get into the game I thought it was really cool and the graphics look amazing especially the dragons.

15. Ram Levy

Ram Levy Well-Known Member Regular

From the first moment the game looked awesome to me. Huge world, awesome gameplay and tons of missions. Skyrim is the best.

16. camsdad

camsdad Active Member

I was blown away as soon as I saw it. And I saw it everywhere, for a while it was all my Facebook feed would advertise. Once I got my hands on it, I was hooked for days. The atmosphere is truly entrancing and the game play was so addicting.

17. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Well-Known Member

At first it all seamed like it was too good to be true like it was being over hyped and advertised. But once i got my hands on it I instantly knew it was something special. I first sat down and started playing it and by the time I realized it hours had passed by and it still fealt like i had just started. The way one things leads to another and how all the dynamic events come into play were very nice touches and made the world feel so real and alive.

18. sillylab

sillylab Active Member

My first impression was that it was absolutely amazing. It sucked me in right away and I played for 12 hours straight after I first got it!

19. valiantx

valiantx Member

My first impression with Skyrim was,"Hmph, about time they do a nordic type of RPG-action/adventure game that is worth the money to buy." I still like playing it, but wished Bethesda game developers had inputted more DLC content and better gameplay, because the dragon riding is pretty limited and repetitive.

20. queenbee

queenbee Well-Known Member

I remember being most impressed and excited by the magic when I was watching the demos. The first time I saw the opening sequence, I was thoroughly amazed. The graphics were better than anything I'd seen before, the music and feel was immersive, and the drama was really exciting. Which is sad, because now that I've watched it probably over a hundred times, I can't even listen to Ralof's voice without getting annoyed and impatient.