What was the last thing you bought in the LotRO Store?

Discussion in 'Lord of the Rings' started by rivengamer, Nov 8, 2013.

1. rivengamer

rivengamer Well-Known Member

All LotRO players are probably very familiar with the Tubine Point grind, that is, getting currency for buying premium account items and services for the game. This is because most things in the game could be paid for just by these Turbine Points, and potentially you could get everything in the game without spending a penny. I know a lot of kin mates who do this and apparently it's something that's very normal in the server.

Anyway, the last thing I bought was the Milestone II skill when it went on sale for 30% off. It's a skill that adds to your Home teleports so that you could also choose another waypoint to go to. It's character-only, but it has been a lot of help especially when doing quests in the Trollshaws and Eregion.

How about you, what as the last thing you bought at the LoTRO Store?

2. annelions

annelions Member

I think the last thing I bought was the riding skill. But it may have been another quest area, I'm not sure.

The TP grind makes me wish that I had been able to purchase the lifetime membership when it was available. It would definitely be handy to have those extra points every month!

3. Brothainarms

Brothainarms Member

I got the riding skill and a horse (guardian) which gives a little boost for my class above the other stock horses, which is nice. I highly recommend getting a mount because it makes the game go by much smoother, and less auto-run on !

4. Wren

Wren New Member

Turbine has made a lot of money off of me for storage space, especially in the wardrobe. I''m a bit of a hoarder, and have tons of cosmetic gear. I have a hard time letting things go, even some of the older Raid gear. I worked hard for that piece of gear or jewelery, and just because it's obsolete I'll be damned if I trash it.

5. Dadacham

Dadacham Member

I bought the 2nd major expansion in the store but I haven't played in probably 2 years since it went f2p.

Didn't spend a dime either, farmed TP and unlocked 99% of the game.

6. Delusional

Delusional Well-Known Member

I have not been playing for that long and I haven't bought anything yet. I feel like a lot of players like to spend what they earn. I like to hold on to my funds and get the bigger prize in the end.

7. Lostvalleyguy

Lostvalleyguy Well-Known Member

The last big purchase I made with turbine points was the Helm's Deep expansion. I started well in advance making sure I had the points good to go on launch day. Other than that, I mainly spend them on small things (I'm f2p) like the class trait slots I didn't need before but now need.

8. Aelfwin1996

Aelfwin1996 Member
    Regular

I always get the essentials, which generally means quest packs for me.

9. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Well-Known Member

torage...and the wardrobe [​IMG] And LI slots for my RK (after level 45, and not necessary for many classes).

10. MJAlex

MJAlex Member

I haven't made my first purchase yet, but it's coming. To date, I farmed 80 TP which doesn't seem like much, but I only started a few weeks ago. The game has been keeping me entertained and I intend to see more of the world!

What would you recommend for a first purchase? I'd rather wait to get the account wide riding skill, rather than purchasing one for a single character, so I'd prefer to purchase a quest pack at first, but I understand there are tons of different strategies on how to maximize TP usage.

11. Usamaars888

Usamaars888 Member
    Regular

The last thing I got from the lotro store was the Beorning class, however I didn't pay a dime for it. I just saved up the turbine points and with all my characters I did all the deeds I had and eventually I was able to build up the necessary turbine points. It was definitely worth it, and playing the Beorning is a great new experience especially if you've been playing the game for a long time and are looking for a new way to experience the game.