What types of games do you like to play besides MMO's & RPG's

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by RMCMage, Mar 4, 2014.

1. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I like street racing, strategy, and fighting games I play shooters, but I am not that big on them like the other ones I mentioned.

2. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

I do play other genre as well, particularly strategy games. I remember back in the day when Starcraft 1 was the thing, when I am logged in to my Garena account I play no other game other than Starcraft. XD

I also play stealth games like Thief and Tenchu and some FPS games. I'm also into Visual Novels, though this is a genre that typical western gamers wouldn't get into.

3. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am open to playing a game of any genre. Though I am more partial to strategy and role playing games. A mix of strategy and role play are also nice. I used to like first person shooters, but many developers today are adding head bobbing into their games which makes me nauseated.

4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I am almost the same way, but when it comes to playing sports games it's another story for some reason I get bored of them very quickly.

5. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I mostly play strategy games, beside RPGs. My favorites are those made by Paradox, like Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis. But I also love the Civilization series or even Galactic Civilizations.

6. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I love RTS games and always play every new GTA and Assassins Creed that comes out!

7. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

FPS and racing are my two favorites beside MMOs and RPGs.

8. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am very big on tower defense games. I love the competition between two teams. I also love to play action/adventure with a good storyline. A storyline makes a world of a difference for me when it comes to video games.

9. sanders89

sanders89 Active Member

I love playing board games, and card games as well. I like scattergories, and cranium, I love telestrations and scrabble is one of my all time favorites! I love playing any card game as well, and love learning new ones!

10. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

I like sports games, like Soccer, Basketball, and Football . I also like racing games. I was in love with fighter games as a child.

11. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

I enjoy racing games and platform based games as well. Adventure and strategy based games.

12. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

One of my favorite games of all time was Star Craft.

13. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

I love to play some racing games, like Mario Kart. If I'm able to attack people while driving, I'm going to enjoy what's going to occur: Mayhem and destruction.

I love to play an occasion puzzle game to challenge my mind, so maybe some Brain Academy.

I don't know what type of game Little Big Planet would be, but I love those types of games too.

Simulation games are fun, since nine times out of ten, you end up strategizing on how to play and figure things out for making the best optimization of the game.

14. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like FPS and RTS more. But I like any type of games that is good or great.

15. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like playing strategy games because it's really quite cerebral. I like playing those because it requires cunning, influence and power and I was a Political Science major with a megalomaniac complex. LOL. Shooters are also pretty fun just to de-stress from work.

16. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play besides MMOs and RPGs lot of different kinds of first person shooter and racing games. My all time favorite FPS is surely Wolfenstein Enemy Territory even though it is old as rock but still a lot of people play it.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play FIFA religiously (I pick up every year's reiteration) and League of Legends (used to play competitively). Other than that I pick and drop games pretty often.

18. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

There aren't a lot of games I don't like to be honest. I enjoy simulations and sports games and shooters and strategy games (4X in particular) and racing games... Hm, I don't think there's a genre of a video game I've played that I didn't like. Well, maybe League of Legends, whatever genre that is, but I think that was mainly because of the people I was playing it with.

19. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Strategy and Action - Adventure. But Ive played at least one game of almost every genre.

20. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

I own a PS4, so there aren't these sort of games... I like to play anything from open-world to shooting games.