What support do you usually play with?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by rightct, Jul 31, 2015.

1. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I know this role is kind of looked bad upon, and - almost - nobody really enjoys to play it, but in case you pertain to that exclusive category of people who do actually enjoy supporting, what's your preference? I personally play Blitzcrank and Sona. Out of these two, the former is always my best choice. I can carry almost every game with him.

2. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love playing with Sona. Anyone who knows how to use her will maximize that heal and the stun will always be on point. Blitzcrank is my second best since that hook in the hands of an expert players will result in a good and fast kill that will leave your enemy champions scared.

3. rightct

So, are you saying Sona is pretty much a no-brainer champion? It does make sense. When I played with her, for about 30 games, I really felt like I was dominating without much mechanics whatsoever. Blitzcrank though is my best choice since a grab can change the fate of a late game game, for example. Of course, because it's so easy to carry with, it also requires you to be some sort of professional to grab that Q. But trust me, it's not that hard as you may think.

Working Buck likes this.
  4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Karma is a beast support for me. I always do good in lane with her since she has a lot of pressure. I also like playing Leona or Thresh since they're both top tier at the moment and they can win lanes easily.

5. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I only play one support because this role is really annoying to me and I feel like I am not really good at it so I really tend ot avoid it. By the way the champion I am playing at most is Blitzcrank because mainly of its grab skill that comes really handy.

6. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I used to say Soraka but they murdered her. I love Sona and Karma. But mainly, I've been supporting on LuLu or Janna. I love their kits and being able to shield and speed, or shield and knockup is a boss combo. Plus polymorph f'yeah. With GP5 runes and support set ups, LuLu can still get bursty AP and support (like Aegis etc).

7. rightct

I actually agree with them "murdering" Soraka, believe me or not. She was way too OP for anyone. I mean, within a span of 5 seconds, she could heal her ADC fully. Not cool.

8. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

True enough, it was OP. But that's why I liked it >.<

9. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO PUT A MANA COST ON HER HEAL, GOD WHY!

Shimus likes this.
  10. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ok yeah well I'm a support main so it is my favorite role, picked it up since everyone else hated it and id rather have everyone on my team playing something they are good at. So my main dude is Thresh, I've gone from B5 to G2 so far with him (More to come hopefully) he is legit perfect, he can peel, engage, disengage, save people with the lantern. He is literally useful the entire game, also good hooks win games baby.

11. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't usually play support, but when I do, I make sure Blitz stays unbanned from ranked and draft queues, haha! His Q is just so OP if landed correctly, and I once saw how it could change the tides of a teamfight and therefore the fate of the respective game! If he gets banned though, I play with Morgana. It's equally as good.

13. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm a support main and I usually play either Malphite, Blitzcrank or Galio. Since I build them all pure tank, I get to support the team a lot when it comes to team fights. I usually played Nunu too, but I think I lost the love of playing this champ. I just added Galio a bit late since most of the games I play MAlphite and Blitzcrank always gets banned. I just added Galio just in case the first two would get banned.

14. TheArticulate

TheArticulate Member
    Regular

I don't main support in League, but I'll fill the role if need be. When I do, I usually find myself playing either Leona or Karma. I'll go Karma if our team has a tanky top laner and jungler, but if we have a squishy in either of those roles, I'll go Leona for the ridiculous CC and the extra tankiness for the team.

Really, I main ADC, so I have tons of respect for people who play support. It's not an easy gig making sure I'm safe, while looking for openings to help secure a kill, while also being on top of vision control. To those who main support: thank you so much, and keep up the good work!

Working Buck likes this.
  15. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is always nice to thank those who are there to help you out. I too seem to overlook it from time to time but surely a good reminder is appreciated.

16. Working Buck

Regular

I am hoping there would be more people like you who play League of Legends. That would really change the community a lot. I mean, 7 out of 10 games I play, no one wants to play tank or support. Every one wants to play ADC or full AP mid. I just played two games earlier today which I both dodged, I was playing top lane for both games, but since my team mates picked Yi, Yasuo, Akali and fiddlesticks I left the game.

TheArticulate likes this.
  17. TheArticulate

TheArticulate Member
    Regular

I think supports and junglers have a ton of responsibility in every game and it's too easy for people to blame them when things go wrong. It's really everyone's job to ward and be on top of vision, but we seem to default to the thought that "my support should be warding river" and we don't take any responsibility for our own shortcomings.

My roommate who usually supports me appreciates it that when I do something dumb, I shake my head and will usually say, "I knew that would happen, and I still did it." or simply, "I'm and idiot". Yelling at other people for mistakes never helps correct issues. Giving constructive and supportive feedback does, though.

Also, if you'd like to support or play with an ADC and support duo who aren't complete jerks, give me a shout! haha

Working Buck likes this.
  18. Working Buck

Regular

I play support most of the times and I really appreciate it when my ADC tells me he didn't do a great work. Most people I play with would consistently blame me for everything. I remember one time when I was playing support and I went back to buy items. While I was on my way to the lane, my ADC died because of being greedy, it was his 3rd death for just a few minutes since the game started. And it was also the third time he blamed me why he died, told everybody how stupid I was. I just replied with "WANNA SEE SOMETHING STUPID?" then I fed the enemy ADC.

19. iamduanejackson

Blitz is a beast he's my go to if he's not banned

Working Buck likes this.
  20. Working Buck

Regular

Good champ to play support with but in some elos he gets banned most of the time along with Malphite and Garen. The same reason why I started to learn how to play Soraka and Maokai, these two don't get banned most of the time and are a lot useful in team fights too.