Strife What sets this game apart from any other MOBA?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by Calcium, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Calcium

Calcium Member

I'm curious as to what you guys think, I've watched some videos and it doesn't look very unique from other MOBAs. Why would anyone play this game over Smite, Dota2 or League of Legends?

2. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

Honestly, this game isn't that unique. Lately, all developers/publishers noticed that MOBAs are really profitable, so they started making metric shittons of them, not caring about improving the formula, only copying it.

I am a soft MOBA player, and that's my opinion on it. My more "hardcore" friends also said that it isn't something special, and said they'll stick to Smite.

3. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

I agree with GlacialDoom. After playing other MOBAs like League of Legends, I honestly haven't seen that much of a difference besides it being a lot more simpler. Maybe that's the appeal of it, not having to delve as deeply into the stats as LoL.

4. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I honestly don't see any reason to play this over any of the three games that you mentioned, they all seem better choices.
    Strife needs to really pick up the pace.

5. athena02

athena02 Member

I think the main appeal of Strife is that it tries to limit insults among teammates. Gold is shared, and the game is easy enough that new players wont be feeding their opponents too much.

In short, Strife is mostly meant for players that are new to the genre.

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I guess that's a fair point, Strife should be a decent introduction to the genre.

7. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

One aspect I like about this game are the story-based single player campaigns. They allow the player to learn the lore of the character in a fun way, while games like DotA and LoL only have written lores. Other than that, it is pretty mediocre, but still can be fun with friends. I think it may have been marketed towards younger teens, judging from the colorful artstyle and cartoony characters, and also the fact that the gameplay is oversimplified compared to other games in this genre.