What other hobbies do you all have?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by drkn335, Nov 4, 2013.

1. drkn335

drkn335 Well-Known Member

So obviously we all know that everyone in this forum loves gaming, but what else do you do for fun?

Normally gaming takes up most of my time, but I also like reading romantic fiction, and watching documentaries. I also like to do makeup artistry in my spare time, which you probably wouldn't think matches with a huge gamer girl, but it's fun haha!

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I enjoy writing and both playing and following sports. For sports I do american football, swimming, running and then just stuff such as push-ups etc.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I enjoy playing my alto clarinet, writing scripts, drawing, and listing to music!

4. drkn335

Hmmm, never came across somebody who likes sports and RPG's, the two don't normally mix haha. That's interesting though :)

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haha I guess I see where you're coming from. RPG's are more of a way to kill time for me, they aren't taking anything away from other things.

6. drkn335

So, you're not an RPG maniac like everyone else then? ;) I understand though, I have a lot of different hobbies everyone would not not expect a gamer to have.. stereotypes FTL lol

7. sunkinship

sunkinship Member

Besides gaming, most of my time spent is on Reddit(I'll count it!), playing guitar and bass, going to the gym, and doing MMA.

8. drkn335

What is Reddit, I have never heard of that before?

9. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Well-Known Member

You must be new on the internet.

I spend most of my free time either reading or listening to music, sometimes both. Do watch movies and TV shows from time to time but not as much as my other two hobbies.

10. drkn335

New.....:/ I have been on the internet for the past 10 years haha, I'm not new at all. But I don't like social networking much or have any social networking so maybe that's why I don't know.

But you didn't answer my question, what is Reddit?!

And I love to watch movies also

11. jardantuan

jardantuan Active Member

I've been a guitarist for 12 years or so. Not a particularly good one, and I'm not in a band (though I am working on that!) but I write songs a lot. My frame of mind tends to influence whether I play games or play guitar - if I've not been busy, I can just curl up somewhere and get into a nice long game of something, but when things are particularly hectic, as has been the case for the last 7 weeks (new flat, university work, and a bunch of other things), I can't keep my attention focused long enough to play games. I do write much better music when I'm like this though, so that's a plus I suppose...

Don't go to reddit. It will consume you.

12. drkn335

You must be good after all that time of playing haha, even if you won't say so.

And right, that's it, I'm going on it. If I get hooked, or suddenly commit myself to my room for the rest of my life, it's your fault for not telling me what it was.

13. jardantuan

jardantuan Active Member

Yeah, you'd think so, wouldn't you? When I play though I don't really learn things, and I never really get better. I just write new songs and wonder why they all sound so similar...

And I'm telling you, going to reddit will be the biggest mistake of your life.

14. Zlyuka

Zlyuka Well-Known Member

Playing online and offline Poker, I have actually propelled myself from the so called "fish" league where 90% of inexperienced or careless players are to an actually winning one. Though it is still nowhere near enough to make a living, so poker is just a hobby for me, and at best earns me some beer money.

15. drkn335

Oh cmon, don't be so modest? You must be pretty badass at least, surely hahaha :p And well maybe try and jazz it up a bit, try some new chords, or just do what I would do - string everything until you find something that sounds new haha.

And well, I went on it..... saw the funny and pics subheadings, and then decided it would be best to click off before I clicked on those headings and never turned back.

16. drkn335

Not bad, I don't play online poker but I play it with my friends occasionally, though I'm nothing of an expert. I have never won anything from it, but hey, at least someone's getting some beer money right :p

17. kimjongchill

kimjongchill Active Member

Besides gaming, I would say I'm a Reddit addict. Even after browsing my front page for the fifth time in an hour I still catch myself clicking back in the hopes of something new popping up.
    Oh, I also enjoy writing bad raps and drinking.

18. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

I am an active poster on several other forums, including ShareMyWebsite. I also write electronic music and love cars, the outdoors, and a good time! :)

19. courageoflions

courageoflions Well-Known Member

I love the outdoors/hiking and recreational motor-sports. I also love cycling and martial arts.

20. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Martial arts is cool when I was younger I used to do karate, but now I enjoy just watching MMA on TV.