What Manga or Anime would you like to be made into an MMORPG?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by vash, May 12, 2016.

1. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have plenty of anime and manage I'd like to see as MMORPG if they are well made.

1. Naruto MMORPG
    You can start as a newbie ninja in one of the many ninja villages including the hidden leaf where first you may choose your clan.
    Then you then go to the ninja academy for basic training where you will discover (or choose) the following,
    The elements you naturally can master.
    The weapons you want to master.
    The newbie techniques you want to learn.

After graduate from the academy, you can form your team with one junin leading a team of 3 genjin. All real people. Then you can go on for missions (leveling up). After you reach a certain level, you can then join the chunin exam where you will compete against many other players who want to become chunin.

Anyway, a lot of missions should encounter enemies to help you level up. Or even have players to do missions against each other. For example to have one group to do mission of guard a convoy or someone important, while to have another group to do mission of assassinate someone in the convoy or to take something important from them. Both sides can earn experience from it, but of course the winner will get more reward. Such real missions against each other should be more fun than having to killing NPCs all day to grind.

Major events could include ninja war involving major countries, or even have tailed beasts to attack villages.

I think it can be fun.

2. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

2. Dragon Ball Z MMORPG
    You can start as one of the following,
    1. A saiya on Planet Vegeta
    2. A human on earth
    3. A Nemak on planet of Nemak
    4. Maybe a frost demon from the planet where Frieza came from?
    5. Some other races like members of Ginyu force

(I have a feeling most people will pick Saiya simply due to they want to be super Saiyas).

So to make the game more fair, it will be extremely hard for Saiyas to achieve super saiya transformation for the first time. And even when they do become successful, it is not guaranteed to be the dominant race. As I remember a super Nemakes is twice as powerful as base super saiya. And Frieza could also raise his power level quickly when he trained. So were his underlings.

To make the game more interesting, perhaps we can have the background set in planet raids stage, where saiyas and other races often raid other planets, and grow in power through fighting (and training). We can certain have different planet in different settings. For example, the earth can be totally peaceful until major events such as the arrival of Saiyas and Frieza, and later the appear of Androids.

But of course, I do not want the game to progress too quickly. Perhaps all those major events should happen in later expansions. While we can focus on planet raid stage for a long time to come. Most Saiyas should be in the power level of only thousands. (Remember even the King himself was only at 10k?) So the level up should be extremely hard work through unstop fighting and training, and even that should the progress be slow until the major events from the expansions.

3. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

3. Claymore MMORPG
    Everyone can start as a trainee claymore. Once passed the test, you can be assigned a number to guard a region where you are constantly tasked with killing demons. The missions should be mind provoking since the demons can disguised as their human victims. The tasks will become harder and harder, eventually you will encounter awakened beings where several claymore are required to take just one down. That would be a boss fighting.

More powerful awakened beings should show up time after time. As the story progress, eventually you have found out that your boss are not the good guys. You are just their test subjects for building super soldiers. Then you will have the choice of decide to
    1. Run away and hide (some other players will come after you for you the deserter for reward)
    2. Rebel against the organization and to take them down but in process you have to raise your sword against those who are still loyal to your boss.
    3. Keep following the order of your boss, keep doing your missions, and you might have to go after the rogue Claymore who deserted the organization if you receive such order.

Well, it can be fun too in my opinion.

4. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like the Naruto and Dragon Ball Z option. Although I think One Punch Man could have an interesting storyline and an utterly unique gameplay because what do you match up against a man who can kill in a punch? The story could be utterly astronomic and the graphics would have no end.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think dragon ball would be the title that could lend itself best to this genre because they have such diverse characters and many different superpowers. I'd also maybe add gundam into the mix and I think that would actually do very well since it also has a huge fan base.

6. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

How could I forget about .Hack Sign.
    Well, .Hack Sign is not just an anime, it is in fact a Player Station 2 video game series, and then it was made into an anime. (Correct if I am wrong).

However, for me I first watched the anime and thought it was cool. Basically the .Hack Sign is about some MMORPG went wrong, and some players' consciousness were lost in the game, with no way to "log out".

I totally like to see a real MMORPG made based on .Hack Sign. If you have watched the anime, you'd know how awesome the world in the game is. :D

7. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

Sword Art Online is an easy choice, as it's really an MMORPG game in anime form. It sounds fun enough, without the whole trapped inside thing. But it's definitely a great concept, where you have to beat 100 levels to finish the game, while making alliances and friends along the way. The added thrill of dying in real life sounds great too, but I don't think that would make gamers play this game, since, you know, they might die :D

8. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

Saint Seiya is another old anime/manga I would like to see as MMORPG. You can start the game by choosing a god you serve, and then start your training to be a saint under your god/goddess. If you pass the training and the tournament, then you may get your armor from the god and start your true journey as a saint.

For PvE, you can be sent off to battle other gods' saints, or even other gods' themselves (if you do not get your rear end kicked :p).

For PvP, you can battle any other players in tournaments or even in the open.

Players can also choose to guard their respected gods. For example, if you finally achieved to be a gold saint under Athena, you can period choose to guard one of the twelve palaces against other hostile forces.

9. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yu Yu Hakusho would make another good MMORPG due to its three worlds / factions.

Players can choose to start in one of the three worlds
    1. Human world
    2. Spiritual world
    3. Demon world

Yes, all three worlds overlap at some hiding places which are hard for players to find. To make it worse, some main portals are sealed and can only be open on special occasions. Some hiding portals are temporarily and change location all the time.

So anyone can train to be strong from the three different worlds. Eventually you can enter other worlds to explore and have a conflict with other factions.

10. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

FullMetal Alchemist, hands down. I know there have been many FMA games, but I don't think there have been any MMORPG games with that series. Maybe play as a state alchemist? Or get to choose between being state or free lance? I don't know, but I think that universe would be an awesome one to make an MMORPG with!

Also, ARIA/AQUA would make a good MMORPG, strange as it sounds. Start out on Aqua as a trainee Undine, and work your way up the ranks until you become a full fledged Undine.

11. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Boku no Hero Academia would be nice. I love the manga, been a fan for a year. ATLA and LoK doesn't count for an Anime or manga but I would pay for that to play it.

12. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

Fist of North Start is old school. Someone even joked the main character was the original "one punch man" since he always can one hit someone's pressure point and kill them regardless how strong they are. It is basically a post Apocalypse world where people fend for themselves. Most firearms and technologies are no longer usable. So whoever has the best martial arts can rule the world. You can start as a character from one of the major martial arts schools on your quest of ... doing anything you wish. Be good or be evil, or be neutral... it doesn't matter. I think it can be fun.

13. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do love the idea of making Naruto an MMORPG game. I have been looking for something similar for quite some time. And the Dragon Ball idea is a good one too. I think some game developers managed to make an MMORPG out of Dragon Ball, I'm just not sure if it's still up and running.

14. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Inuyasha, Claymore, One punch man and possibly Rosario Vampire as well as Tokyo Ghoul. Those might make pretty good games.

15. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hope bleach manga comes in and have the MMORPG. And it would be really a good experience if you ask me. And the game would be worth playing too. I would surely want to play this type of the game. It seems more attractive in that case.