Quantcast

What made you interested in the first Fable game you played?

Discussion in 'Fable' started by RumbarBrook, Jan 26, 2016.

1. RumbarBrook

RumbarBrook Active Member Regular

I started off with the original game back in the early-mid 2000's. I had recently gotten a used xBox with KOTOR and was craving more RPG's. My friend told me about this game he had read about and it seemed too good to be true. Despite not getting everything we were promised, I enjoyed the first game very much.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

Peter Molyneux's big promises of all things we would be able to do in Fable drew me in.
    But the story kept me playing in spite of the fact that Molyneux didn't deliver everything he promised. I also liked the beautiful lighting and environments and the subtle ways that background characters would treat you differently based on your alignment.
    Being called a chicken chaser was pretty funny too.

3. SimiWolfie

SimiWolfie Active Member Regular

In some of the online reviews I had read, it was compared to the Diablo games. I absolutely loved playing Diablo, so I was curious and decided to try it. I was definitely not disappointed, though I don't think it's comparable to Diablo.

4. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 Active Member Regular

I went in playing Fable pretty much blind. I didn't play it when it was originally release, I ran across it at a used game store and thought, "This sounds fun." I bought it and spent the next week playing it any time I had the chance. I loved the fact you could be good or evil.

5. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member Regular

I like the whole " Choose your own path ". Before Fable, I have never played a game where the choices you make, effect the game in a whole. I thought that was so cool. When I started playing the game, I immediately fell in love with it. I have played all the Fable games. I know that Fable gets a lot of heat, especially Fable 3 but I love these games. I hope they make more in the future.

6. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

I got first interested in it because of all the wild and crazy promises that were made in regards to the game... of course, I ended up immensely disappointed in the final game - Don't get me wrong, it was a solid RPG, but given all the hype and promises it fell flat immensely.

7. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I think everyone was caught up with all the big empty promises that Peter Molyneux claimed. I myself fell in that trap. I didn't quite finish it though when the disappointment hit. I did go back to it years later and finished it. Still didn't really enjoy it but felt the satisfaction of another game done.

8. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

The reason I first played fable was because my dad bought his console and it came with a bunch of the games. He didn't want me to play it because it was "his console," so naturally, I played it on my own whenever he wasn't around, and it was awesome. This was og fable, by the way.

9. Z-wall

Z-wall Well-Known Member Regular

My friends