What kind of player are you?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by JohnBeaulieu, May 18, 2015.

1. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

When I still played, I was a hardcore live-for-the-challenger pvper. I've done 3v1s, 5v1s, 7v2s and everything in between and walked away the winner, with mobs to help from time to time :) I thrived on world pvp because it's something that I understood at its core to be this act of stacking as much unfairness in your favor as possible on top of them skills tho

2. userbutnotloser

userbutnotloser Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well! most of the time I used to post and do freelancing and doing my work but I rarely get time to play but when I get time I really rock play it for 2-3 hrs and of course during holidays or weekends I play it and fresh my mind from all the works.

3. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

I mostly played 2-3 hours at a time. Usually it would be on voice chat with friends where we idled and got nothing done at all. Shits and giggles etc. When I do come on alone that is when I do get quests, daily's etc done.

4. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

When I played WoW, I never really raided hardcore or did the highend content like that, I played the game a lot, yes, but that time was spent leveling and doing things of that nature.

5. StillWinning

Regular

^ I did a bit of raiding and a LOT of pvp, I was @ lady vashj when she was the biggest boss in the game...what you experienced is literally the most fun aspect if you have world pvp of your level in there. The rest is overrated, trust me

6. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always wanted to hardcore raid, but I was never able to get into a guild like that, due to the fact that I lacked proper equipment. I wanted to experience the story and all bosses, but the way the game is set up, that is only possible for a select few players.

7. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to play it pretty hardcore. Nowadays I don't have as much time to play, so I quit my old guild and joined a more casual group of players.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Me too. I was more interested in just building up my character and having fun with friends. Makes me think that I missed out on some of the other features sometimes though but I don't mind that much as I'm just glad I got to enjoy in building up my character at the time that I did.

9. HippyZomby

HippyZomby Member
    Regular

I am a mom of two, I have a 4 year old and a 10 mo old. I wait till they are in bed asleep and then I sacrifice sleep for gaming time. I got my main toon up to 100 by mainly solo questing and few dungeons here and there. She is a dranei rogue. My pet is the huge dog from the beginning of the questing. I have loved it, I love learning everything about whats going on. I am currently trying to get dranor flying. It is taking so much time and searching to find the quest that will give it to me. I do like the story lines. I am still new I have only been playing for 4 months but I am slowly learning.

10. StillWinning

Regular

Question to the people that still play, how is pvp now? Is world pvp still fun at all with leveling being ridiculous for alts? Have to imagine it's like impossible to have any fun when everything is so quickly paced.

11. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member
    Regular

When I was in the military I would spend weekends 12 or even 13 hours a day playing it was ridiculous, but I didn't really have much else to do being based in Alaska, so I played a lot. Once I moved back to Michigan my work schedule is pretty crazy sometimes, and I find it hard to even play a few hours each week but I'll always find time.

12. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well this certainly seems to be the trend among most of us, and I cannot say that I am surprised. Life tends to get more and more in the way as we age, as it should I suppose. I can longer consider myself hardcore either, but there are times when flashes of that guy come out.