What is your opinion of TERA?

Discussion in 'Tera' started by tomorrowdreamking, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's alright but not something that got me hooked honestly. As many have said there are times where it just feels grindy. I mean it's something to try out once all the way through or play once in a while- it just doesn't have the staying power that other MMOs have.

2. Dannyd857

Dannyd857 New Member

I absolutely adore the game. The story isn't fantastic, but the bar has been set extremely high by the Warcraft universe. You just can't compete with 20 years of Lore even if they retconned a lot of it. It still has plenty of depth, but it feels like something is missing. That aside, I'm nearly level 60 and I've enjoyed pretty much everything thus far. The art style is fantastic and the graphics are breathtaking. Yes, it has hyper-sexualized races like Human, High Elf, and Castanic, but it doesn't really detract from the game. The only thing I can think of that might really bother people are Elin, whom look like female children in the same scantily costumes and armor as other females. Even that, though, has been toned down for North American users.

The combat systems in the game are challenging and fun. I like having to aim every ability rather than the target and button-mash of most other MMOs. From what I've heard from other players, every class is fairly challenging in top-tier content. Each class gets a star-rating based on it's difficulty to play, but the ratings the developers gave are inaccurate. As an Archer, my class was rated easy, but when you take into account the fact that you have to constantly reposition yourself and account for the arrow's travel time and angle, it is just as difficult as the higher-rated classes. The rotation is extremely tight and a lot of movement makes it difficult to perfect.

3. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

Warcraft if you include WoW did nothing to raise the bar when it comes to the story or lore. If anything they lowered it with overly complicated far fetched rehashing of old content released as new expansions. The story lines aren't feasible and they don't make any sense now. If Warcraft was the where the bar was set, no wonder Tera is so terrible.

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a great action RPG but I have many issues with how their quest system works. They're repetitive and ask for you to farm mindlessly for a long time in an area. The story quests are spread too thin unfortunately and gameplay mechanics remain basically the same. The funniest content for me were the raids with the bosses at the end that you have to fight with a party of people well enough equipped and organized. Unfortunately these raids are between hours and hours of padding and killing weak enemies in various areas. I mean the gameplay is maybe some of the best in the genre as far as action is concerned, but damn it's like the game doesn't want their own awesome battle system to shine. It gets soooo boring unless you're one of those guys that can stand so many repetitive missions.

I rather play a game like ARR:FFXIV because while the gameplay is not as satisfying and action-y, the missions are engaging and interesting most of the times.

5. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

With the newest update gearing up for end game is a lot faster and easier which is good. The brawler class is super OP and kind of makes the other classes seem boring by comparison.

6. Jboh

Jboh Active Member
    Regular

I first started Tera back when the Gunner was first released and I really enjoyed the action oriented gameplay. It was a fun game to just boot up and play while relaxing and hanging out with friends in Discord. However, I had some serious problems with the nasty community and was told that it only gets worse the further you get in the game. So, I quit and haven't looked back since.

If anyone is on the fence about playing the game and doesn't have any concerns about having to put up with a horrible community, then the game is definitely worth a look at.

7. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah I saw the brawler for a bit and it looks amazing. I like the kind of class that only uses its fists in videogames. It's the kind of class that it makes me want to go back to play the game. :D

8. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well brawler is definitely very good so if you want to get back into it now is the time.

9. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree.

10. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

Indeed.