What is your favorite type of food ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by wulfman, Nov 21, 2014.

1. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't stop having Chinese food, from dumpling, to noodles, to siomai, to siopao, to buns, you name it! I can't even think of any Chinese food that I won't eat, well probably the exotic ones. But when you bring me to a Chinese food buffet, expect me to have about at least 4 plates, lol.

I also love Iranian food. At my old school, there were lots of Iranian students so there were Iranian food stalls. Yum! They serve lots of rice and tasty viands.

2. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

I guess Mexican food would be number one. But I also love Italian and Japanese food so much.

3. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

I love pretty much all food, but I'm always a fan of Italian food. That's the real "comfort" food for me. I've been really in Japanese and Hibachi (which is literally just "grilled" lol) lately though, but I just had wisdom teeth surgery, so I'll be stuck with soup and mashed potatoes for a while haha.

4. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tend to crave the true authentic chinese food. The kind you can only either cook for yourself, or get from an old chinese grandma. It's a good thing I know a little about cooking, since heading the China is certainly a long way to go for a craving.

5. HippyZomby

HippyZomby Member
    Regular

I am a huge pizza fanatic, I can kill some pizza and it is easy food to make and easy food to get. It is the food pyramid. Dairy, meat, breads, veggies, and fruit. Balanced diet right there.

6. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Pizza, duh. There are so many ways to eat it I could never get tired of it.

7. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Member
    Regular

In Texas, we love fried foods, BBQ, and Mexican food. I guess if I had to choose one it would be Mexican food. I like a good salsa and chips, cheese enchiladas, refried beans, tacos, burritos, and nachos. I could eat Mexican food every night.

8. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

None of that is unique or special to Texas. Mexican food is good, if you stick to the stuff that would be palatable to most Americans. There is plenty of Mexican food that would nauseate most people on the north side of the border if they knew of it. I doubt you eat much barbacoa, and when prepared from cow head instead of the optional replacements I doubt most people would be a fan of it.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like asian cuisine mostly. I like other types of food like pizza and bread but they will never be my favorites. I'm most comfortable eating rice and noodles and all the dishes that usually come with them like Japanese and Chinese meals. Some asian cuisines I don't like at all though.

10. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

I don't think I could pick a favorite. I'm not silly enough to select an entire genre or style of food. The parts of a nation's or people's cuisine that are popularized in my area maybe, but never will I unilaterally declare that I love something like Mexican, Italian or Asian food. Those types of categories all include dishes that many people would find revolting if it wasn't something done in their own culture.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Fast food and tortilla chips are the death of me, I simply have to eat them at least a couple of times at week. I usually do it at night when I come home from work too, which is pretty bad. Pizza and burritos are heaven! :D

12. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't just easily name one kind of food as my favorite. I like any food that I am used to decently prepared. I like meals rich in fishes, crustaceans or chicken. I tend to reduce consumption of red meat.

13. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm a sucker of Italian food but do enjoy a bit of Chinese and Japanese food every now and again, they are mainly chicken and beef,

14. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually eat almost anything edible, as long as it's not too spicy and looks good and tastes good of course. But recently I have been into eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, I'm into the process of eliminating meat in my diet.

15. Sonicmess

Sonicmess Member
    Regular

I like Korean and Japanese foods.