What is your favorite race in GW2?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by Unknown, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Mine is gonna have to be the Humans due to their heroism & honor and well.. I've always picked Human in any mmo :p
    All the races are very unique - what race is your favorite?

2. Rymir

Rymir Member

I usually pick boring/plain classes like warrior and you pick boring and plain races like human, ironic.
    I am actually thinking about the Norn actually. I like the whole barbarian thing and will likely choose a warrior, closest thing to a Diablo-style barbarian. :)

3. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

My favorite racing game in Guild wars 2 is Asura, due to the game history, and because originally it is a subterranean race. It is a race of magical innovators and mystical inventors, This game shows the historical background of the smartest peoples in tyria. The asura were originally a subterranean race, adapted for their cavernous homes deep beneath the surface. They had evolved excellent senses—their long ears and wide, luminous eyes missed nothing—and sharp teeth for an omnivorous diet. They were uniformly brilliant as a people, analyzing, solving, and utilizing the intricate nature of magic itself. Using this power, they spread throughout the Depths of Tyria, linking distant locations with their asura gates and building great underground citadels on places of incredible arcane power. I like this game soooo much. It is my favorite video game.

4. Akibzihan

Akibzihan Member

Among the races I like the Charr race most.Its because this race has an amazing combination of strength and technology.Another main reason is they were the masters of the land east of the Shiverpeaks.As a noble warrior they do not take any defeat lightly . They love to fight back until the end.I just love this lion faced warriors with heavy armors.Its true that sometimes they are unchallenged.when the conquer Tyra. They developed it so well.Besides i just love to play with those warriors who are barbaric to fulfill their revenge.Their military strength and technology amazed me for sure. I would love to play with Charr.

5. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

I have to say human. I know its the most boring choice, but its what I can relate to. Although, I am tempted to play as a sylvari , just to see their story and play-through.

6. Cullen

Cullen Member

I think the Sylvari sound the most interesting out of the 5 races. It's a pretty unique race compared to a lot of other MMO's

7. GamingOn

GamingOn Active Member

Human is also my favorite I think humans rule.
    I sometimes choose elfs in MMOs but the human seems like a good choice. Or i may pick the sylvari since its sort of like elf's.

8. Harry

Harry Member

I like the Charr they are a race that surround the humans even in defeat. This is a good race and I think I will use it in the game. Are there any other good races in the game that you would like to use? GamingOn the humans sound ok but too common :)

9. Delvie

Delvie Well-Known Member

Well I've been thinking hard about this since Mesmer was revealed. It's time to start planning. I would like to eventually have a character of each race but to be honest all I can think about is how kewl an Asura Warrior would be verses an Asura Elmentalist verses an Asura Thief, etc. Every time they show the Asura I just think they are adorable. Actually they are a perfect fit for me as I usually play gnomes, hobbits, dwarves, etc. I'm hoping I can make a kewl looking ancient Asura.

10. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Active Member

Choosing a character of each race and being each one of them sounds like my best option as well. I think gamers could really have a fun time being more then one character. Even if you have to delete your own character and start all over again then it would be a really fun experience. After reading this I would say I will start off with one race and work my way through each one of them. Thanks to this post I know that I can have more then one fun time when playing this game. Can't wait to try out the races and see for me which one I can make the strongest.