What is the best Elder Scrolls game?

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online' started by Aakash, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Grimp

Grimp Member

In fact, if you compare skyrim to morrowind, the difference in scope isnt that big. Morrowind has essentially all the things Skyrim has just worse physics, and yes, no dragons, But I dont even care about dragons xD

2. Grimp

Grimp Member

Meh, I played the Beta version of Elder scrolls online and I can tell you its absolutely nothing like Skyrim in terms of game mechanics, sure the map is similar and the lore the same, but I found it almost like a more tedious version of World of warcraft!

3. Jesse93

Jesse93 Member

Skyrim is the only one I've played and I absolutely loved it. I'm definitely going to give Oblivion a try sometime since I loved Skyrim so much. I don't know, I've heard a lot of people say Oblivion is better, but I've also heard many say Skyrim is better. I want to find out for myself.

4. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member
    Regular

The only game I ever played was Morrowind. I must say, I was in love. The combat style was a little difficult to understand however it was amazing. The spells, etc.. That would be my choice.

5. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Morrowwind, it was the offline MMORPG lol. Spent months playing that game, if not a year or two. It always had this sense of big adventure and everything feels so new.

6. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion gets my nod on this. Not only does it give you a backround of the storyline, the gameplay is very close to that of Skyrim. If you don't care about the storyline, you should play Fallout New Vegas. Its very fun, and like Oblivion, the gameplay is close to Skyrim.

7. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

I'd say Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim because pretty much, it's the best Elder Scrolls game made to date and it's a excellent game and it's a very fun game and it's a very enjoyable game and it's a must-own games out there. And that goes for any platform it's on.

8. kianthras

kianthras Member

I have to say, I never really got into Skyrim, though I played Oblivion extensively. I found the entire Oblivion world to be so open and inviting, and well laid out. I was totally confused playing Skyrim for the first few hours, and ended up giving up on it before I really got into it, all due to the confusing beginning, and to be honest too much snow for my liking.

9. a1b3c6

a1b3c6 Member

It's a really tough question. I've played all 3 games, but I suppose if I had to pick a favorite, it'd be Skyrim.

Morrowind had the best story and atmosphere, but terrible and clunky gameplay and combat.

Oblivion had plenty of wonderful quests, but a generic world with bland characters.

Skyrim has the best gameplay of the three to me. It's mostly a refined version of Oblivion's. The quests are pretty good too, if not the best. The nordic atmosphere is a wonderful change from Oblivion's...genericness...though Morrowind's still stands out as the best to me.

10. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member
    Regular

The only game I have played is Morrowind. Quite funny because it was the first one to come to Windows. I love the way the game works, the magic and leveling system. Only wish if the combat system was better.

11. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

Tough decision. You can definitely improve or enhance every aspect of Skyrim with mods but Oblivion felt more "raw" and whatever you did felt like an accomplishment. You had to think what abilities you would level so you wouldn't die in the next confrontation, there was some strategy behind your every decision. Skyrim felt more mainstream and you couldn't really get yourself in difficult situations. You killed things, crafted things, you leveled up and that was it. Oblivion had a different kind of charm I think. Plus, enchanting and magic were definitely better in Oblivion, you could get creative with them.

12. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

Daggerfall to me was the best Elder Scrolss, it was also my first one but I remember there being just so much lore and a lot of length to travel when it came to the map. Being attacked at night while camping was a blast too, or the old glitches like waiting inside of a store until it was dark and stealing all of the things lmao.

13. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

My favorite is Skyrim.

14. HoneyPony

HoneyPony New Member

I think Morrowind had the better story and the implications of the opening line ("Every event is preceded by the prophecy. But without the Hero, there is no event") are fantastic. I feel like Morrowind uses the Lore in an amazing way. While I can't stop adding mods and playing Skyrim, Daggerfall was my first Elder Scrolls game and the sheer magnitude and character customization always draws me in. The story is wonderfully, politically complex as well. Arena is Nintendo hard and I believe one of its designers never made it out of the first dungeon! Oblivion is, for some reason, the one I have the hardest getting into. I'm not sure why.

15. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

Even though some people say that Oblivion was the best ever Elder Scrolls game to be released, I found Skyrim to be a much better experience than its predecessor. Yes, it was buggy at launch and was nightmare to play on consoles, but Bethesda ensured that every singe bus is being patched.

16. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Morrowind was my first Elder Scrolls game and as such, is one of my favorites. I really liked how atmospheric the game was and it felt like I was wandering a foreign land that had secrets tucked away and such. One of the prime examples was finding all of the strongholds and recovering the sanguine artifacts scattered around Vvardenfel.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a toss-up between Oblivion and Skyrim and honestly I don't know what to say. Both the games are pretty good and I had a lot of fun playing them but I think the correct answer is Oblivion here. Morrowind was also not that bad.

18. SunnyArc

SunnyArc Member

I've spent most of my time playing the Elder Scrolls games on Oblivion and Skyrim and playing on all 3 platforms available and while I started playing Olblivion just after launch and I have got more hours into that game, I would have to say that my favourite is Skyrim.

I feel like most people would say that Oblivion is the best but for me Skyirm just had me grabbed even more so than Oblivion. I also thought that the Guild quests were better than in Oblivion. I especially liked the Assassins guild

19. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Skyrim. Why? The mind of madness quest, that's why. Since Fallout 3's Point Lookout Dlc I have not played such an enthralling and strange quest. The reward is one of the most absurd creations ever made by Bethesda.. The Wabbajack!

20. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Well-Known Member

Morrowind is by far my favorite. While it may not have the best graphics, the lack of quick traveling and magic compasses telling you where to go give an awesome in-depth experience you just can't get with modern games due to their abundance of hand-holding.