What interested you in Pokemon Go?

Discussion in 'Pokemon Go' started by Blader70, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

What really help you love Pokemon Go and get you to play it? What features really stuck out to you to the point you wanted to play the game? I personally haven't played the game yet but would like to hear how others got into it and experienced the game.

2. andreea.lifestyle99

Regular

I haven't played it either, but it became so viral when people started chasing pokemons in the park and everywhere. I did not install the game on my smartphone yet.

So I am curious to see whether someone is going to me interested in playing it.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

It definitely helped that it had a big community and you could find people playing it outside. I guess it was fun to find people with the same hobbies as you.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've been a big fan of the cartoon since I was a kid, and with the game there could be no difference. I like absolutely everything, but mainly the interactive factor.

5. andreea.lifestyle99

Regular

I've been watching the pokemon since I was 12 if I remember for sure. So pokemons are cute. I love the game

6. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well their cuteness was not what did it for me, but I do have to admit that some of those things are pretty cute, despite me just not really wanting to say so. It was the intrigue, for me anyway.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that both (cartoons and games) can already be considered as timeless such is their importance.

andreea.lifestyle99 likes this.
  8. DavidLee

DavidLee Member
    Regular

It's the fact that it brings Augmented Reality To The Mainstream -which is the blending of virtual elements with the physical world, is not new technology. It’s been employed in poorly received heads-up displays for passenger vehicles and the helmets of F-35 fighter pilots. It has even made a small segue into the consumer world in the form of Snapchat filters, which allow users to take video of themselves overlaid with digital animations.

While Pokemon Go’s AR engine is certainly not fantastic—its digital elements often seem sloppily superimposed over the real world, and they do not interact with physical objects—the game has undeniably vaulted the entire concept into the public consciousness in a big way and in a very short amount of time.

There are probably many attempts to replicate this success already underway, although the sheer scale of the game’s success can likely be attributed more to the popularity of the Pokemon brand than anything else (as evidenced by the fact that nobody has ever heard of Ingress).

Given the vast amount of money that we now know is in play, it can only be a matter of time before we see the advent of AR-specific gaming platforms which do not currently exist. Perhaps it’s time for Google Glass to make a comeback?

andreea.lifestyle99 likes this.
  9. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

You make several good points. I was never too much into pokemon go. It is interested but nothing to unique in my opinion. Also, I was not aware of google glasses.

10. serbog

serbog Active Member
    Regular

I really liked pokemon go when it first came out. I knew about it beforehand with all the hype that was going on, and immediately downloaded it when it was released. Everyone was playing it and I had a lot of fun. But the hype turned down and although there were still people playing it, it wasn't the same as it was. I stopped playing around December 2016.

11. dellmininotebook

Regular

Basically, i am a big fan of Pokemon cartoons. This is the reason that I love to play Pokemon Go game. This game got so much famous in all age of players that everyone downloaded it very next moment. There is no doubt that game really enough entertaining to play.

12. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The mystery , you have no idea what you might catch

13. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have been an avid fan of Pokemon since I was little. Pokemon was my childhood. I got excited when I first knew about Pokemon Go and it did not disappointed me. You guys should check it out.

14. Lissiel

Lissiel Member
    Regular

I have played the game, but I don't like it that much. But the exciting part of a game is that you will play as a real Pokemon trainer. You will be able to find pokemon in your surroundings with the use of your camera. You can also have a fight with your fellow Pokemon trainer with your pokemon. And there are gyms in the specific area that you can challenge. The game is exciting, but I'm not hooked with it. The pokemon in gameboys are better.

15. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I use to watch it more often as a child. I only started playing it few years ago. I just like the simplicity of it. The name "pokemon" also attracted me to it.