What if the show gets cancelled?

Discussion in 'Defiance' started by Nickey22, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Nickey22

Nickey22 Active Member

We all know television shows get cancelled every single year. I was wondering though, what if Defiance was cancelled? Would it cause problems with the game? Would it even matter? Personally I am not really into the show, but I respect the idea of tying a game and show together. What would happen if the show is cancelled? Would the story continue on in the game? Would it really bother you much?

2. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

If the show gets cancelled, oh well I suppose. The game will still go on and continue until gamer's get tired of it. I don't think the show has much impact on the gamer. I have watched the show and frankly I would welcome this show getting cancelled. It's a cliche show with much of the same stuff we've seen elsewhere. The game is much better though.

3. xarziv

xarziv Member

If the show gets cancelled, i think the gamers will unite back and keep playing.

4. Rowro

Rowro Active Member

Nothing would really happen. While the show does kind of crossover with the game it's really just a gimmick. They could easily continue the game without the show and vice versa.

5. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I never watched the show on TV I always watched it over the internet.

6. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

I think the game would still go on even if the show got canceled. They can just continue the story for it in the game easily and if they really want to build the mythology they can release books.

7. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

Defiance is already picked up for a new season from Syfy. But if it ever did get canceled, I don't think the game would be in danger. In fact, I believe they'll take stories from the tv series and incorporate them into the game if that happened.

8. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I think the game will probably continue on but considering Syfy's history we can't really be sure what they'll do. They cancel shit all the time. Basturds >.< (I still have a grudge against them for caprica and stargate: universe)

9. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I doubt that cancelling of the show is going to affect the game in anyway. To me, it's only related by name. The show and the game are like two different things. The community on this game alone will ensure the publisher's continued support. Unless, the cancellation of the show made gamers lose interest and quit the game then yes, it's going to affect the game.

10. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

The only reason I don't see them letting go of Defiance on Syfy anytime soon is because right now they don't have much left to replace it. Right now all they have running is basically Haven, Alphas, Continuum, and Lost Girl's upcoming season.

As a network they can't afford to cut Defiance just yet. At least not without a replacement.

11. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure the game is good enough or popular enough to sustain itself for too long. I don't see it being cancelled immediately but I do see them running out of resources and money pretty quick

12. Env

Env Member

Oh my god I would literally cry. I love this show so they better not cancel it!!

13. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

Honestly I hadn't even known there was even a show of the game at all, I was playing it oblivious to it, I may check it out now, I don't see why it would affect the game though, because the game is pretty awesome.