What headphones do you use for gaming?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by iShootRocks, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don`t really use headphones at all. I have my 5.1 system set up in my room and it works awesomely both for games and movies as well. The only thing to watch out for are my neighbors, if I raise the volume to high. :D

2. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't remember the exact "model" (is that even what they're called?) but I use Logitech headphones.

3. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

Mostly I use my speakers but sometimes I play with headphones. I have just simple in ear earphones made by Skullcandy.

4. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't use headphones when I'm playing games, I feel uncomfortable. I use speakers when I play it males me more comfortable too.

5. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

Presently I don't have any but I would go with Sony for sure and it would have to be wireless.

6. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

I wish I had any time of headphones. :( I have to resort to using earbuds in order to hear low things. (Unless, I'm alone, then I pull out my speaker and crank up the volume.) So, till I get some headphones, Apple ear-buds, it is then.

7. wulfman

I worked transcription for some time so I actually had them awhile back but gave them away.

8. wulfman

Still I rather put more money into my speakers than wear headphones when I am gaming. Unless there are other people in the house that would be disturbed. Otherwise I see no reason to wear them.

9. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I recently acquired new bluetooth earphones. They are way better than regular ones since there are no annoying wires which are always in way. I have to say that sound quality is really good in comparison with the price.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have a headset from Pioneer, nothing special, nothing fancy. It does its job just fine and the sound quality is really good, so I'm happy with it!

11. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't use headphones since my TV has surround sound and is pretty damn loud if I don't keep it at a low level. Sometimes that surround sound messes me up because I hear footsteps that I think are behind me and when I turn to look, my character on screen gets jumped by whatever enemies is stalking them.

12. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm in a situation where I hate background noise so I use headphones all the time. That being said- I have Audio Technica ADH-AD700's that I've had for a few years. Comfy, great sound quality and durable.

13. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

First of all, I don't own any headphoens, ha, ha. But I used to own Razer headphones in the past... they were decent, although very overhyped. They eventually broke and now I'm gathering some more money to buy a new pair.

14. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not really into headphones and speakers and such if not for the Razer Steel series set that my brother gave me then I would've had just some old lame factory headphones from Sony or whatnot. I have a Bose speaker though that I love just because it booms all over the room when I watch movies.

15. midorisour

midorisour Active Member
    Regular

Logitech G35 headphones of which I upgraded from some cheap headphones. My guildies were like OMG, we can hear you so clear now and there's no static. Guess paying more for headphones is better. Although they still can get tiresome after wearing them for awhile.

16. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't remember the specific version, but my headphones are Afterglows- I actually wouldn't suggest them. They light up and are super pretty, but they started having problems less than a year after they were bought, and they're falling apart now(only about a year and a half owned). They still work, but my newer headphones are better.

17. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Some cheap Logitech ones. I can't really tell the difference between these and some more expensive ones so I'm just rolling with what I got. Can't imagine using speakers though.

18. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't use headphones and game, too much stuff going on in the house that I need to pay attention to.

However, on the rare occasion I do need to-- I stick with my Apple earbuds that came with my iPhone.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I use my pair of Bose headphones that I got for about 25 dollars and they are the best ones that I have found. I used to not really care about headphones all that much until I realized what I was missing with some good, loud headphones. I did not want to go all out and spend 100 dollars or something like that, so I settled and I have not been disappointed at all.

20. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I use my Philipps headset, I don't know the type though since it's been a while since I've had it. It's purple and black but without a microphone. I just use it when I want to focus on the game and block everything in the real world out. They're quite a nice piece of headphones for an affordable price. They can even block outside noise, that's why I picked it.