What do you think can improve Final Fantasy XIV online?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV & FFXI' started by KyubiChan, Oct 6, 2015.

1. KyubiChan

KyubiChan Active Member
    Regular

One of the things that would improve the game a lot, is the companion system. it would be great if you were able to keep your chocobo out while queuing for a dungeon. Also speaking of chocobos, I wish that they would also improve on the exp rate that chocobos get. It makes it a bit hard to level a chocobo because you can't summon it while waiting for a dungeon (and dungeon wait times on a DPS can sometimes take a while) and they also don't receive much exp in the first place. One of the main reasons why I want to level my chocobo is because I want to get the barding for it, also it is a bit helpful with hitting things. One other thing they can also improve in the companion system is just the way chocobos fight. Sometimes you get hit by something first and the chocobo just stands in battle stance looking like it wants to attack but doesn't. Also something can hit it, and it won't do anything.

2. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree one-hundred with your complaints about the companion system, it needs a rework.

I have a bunch of small crafting related things I'd like to see improved. I want the ability to craft from my retainer, and I'd like to see better search options when I want to find some specific to craft. Like if I want to craft, lets say a Mythril Ingot, I shouldn't have to click around randomly to find it, I should be able to search for "mythril" to find it and craft it from there.

Outside of that, I'd like to see the amount of rings you can carry be increased. When you craft, gather, and multiple classes at the level cap and are leveling other classes, it's so extremely easy to run out of room.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

The companion system definitely needs a rework, the AI in general is very lackluster in this game. Other than that maybe some crafting retouches.

4. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

I think the addition of a few traditional MMO type world chat channels would be good. This say, yell, and shout stuff doesn't cut it.

5. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I second the improvement to companion mode, and that is frustrating when they just stand there looking ready and nothing actually happens. That would make things a lot smoother for me.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is one of the aspects that I feel a major lack in the question of a very heavy improvement. When that is solved the game reaches another level.

7. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree, not only is it one of the biggest if not the biggest issue, it has never been addressed.

8. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Well... Let's wait for this problem to be solved as soon as possible because I'm pretty sure that they are aware of this one.

9. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well staying silent doesn't help either parties, better to always inform the players.

10. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Well... I think a lot of them also know the problem, but they don't come together to try to solve it. It has to be teamwork (but unfortunately, many of them don't want to do this).

11. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's quite unfortunate that the egos of some individuals get in the way of success.

12. Shine_Spirit

Regular

You said a very important word because people's ego is too big everything gets even more complicated. :confused:

13. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The influence of ego can hurt any project as Shine and jakub stated.

14. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Unfortunately ego has a lot of impact since many people put it ahead of success.

15. Shine_Spirit

Regular

The ego is what ends up destroying or preventing many achievements. Unfortunately, people with this type of vision still exist in large majority.

16. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not only do they exist in large numbers, they hold great influential positions.

17. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Unfortunately this is an even bigger problem. I'm sure the developers are aware of the problems that exist in Final Fantasy. Let's hope for the best. :D

18. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The situation of this game has only gotten worse.

19. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can see your point but hopefully they do something to change it.

20. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Unfortunately I have to agree, but I think they'll solve this very soon. I mean, they must to do this as soon as possible.