What do you think about Crits?

Discussion in 'SMITE' started by ThorEl, Apr 16, 2016.

1. ThorEl

ThorEl Member
    Regular

As in the title; what are your thoughts on the critical strike items in Smite? Most people seem okay with them, but a few of my friends thing that the RNG involved ruins the competitive-integrity of the game and can punish more skilled players simply because they got less-lucky than the enemy hunter. Personally, I feel that the fact that rage (as the core of most crit builds) increases critical strike chance on successful hits means that crits do actually reward skill.

What are your thoughts?

2. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Crits are fine in my opinion, it adds a level of unpredictability to the game. Obviously when you're playing you'll want to call bs on any crit, but they're a part of many games and I don't think they ruin the experience or the competitive aspect of it.

3. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

Crits are fine - At this point, they're are pretty much a staple of the MOBA genre, I genuinely can't think of a game in it that doesn't have some form of crits. Yes, getting crit can be annoying and unlucky, but you have to realize is that person put the gold into getting things that increase their Crit rate, and can just as likely be unlucky by going a large period of time without getting a crit.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

HOTS doesn't have crits. Unless you count abilities that cause, say every third basic attack to deal extra damage. A couple of heroes have those but then again it's due to the abilities they chose and it's not generated randomly.

I would prefer not to have crits but it's not a huge issue, it does bring a new unknown factor into the whole thing but that can get annoying when it plays against you.

5. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like crits and the items that give you bonuses to it. A really cool thing to see you actually criting for huge damage numbers on the screen.