Quantcast

What Difficulty did you play DA on?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age' started by RMCMage, Mar 4, 2014.

1. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

On my 1st play though I played on Normal and it was a good challenge for me now that I decided to replay the game I am going to try Nightmare!

2. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

For every new game that I buy, I always start on Normal. I've always believed that Normal is what the devs intend the game to be played. I never go to the higher difficulties without first getting myself comfortable with the mechanics.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I am the same way, but in DA it's different you can change the difficulty level at any time just like in Skyrim.

4. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I`ve never tried that difficulty level, I completed it twice and both on Normal. Although I have to say the game tends to become really easy at higher levels, so maybe I`ll do a Nightmare run and see how it plays like.

5. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

For RPG's, I try to play on hard for a more immersive survival experience. For strategy games, I normally play on Normal. So with that said, I started DA on normal, but after I got a feel for it, I restarted on a harder difficulty.

6. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 Well-Known Member Regular

I start on normal usually and then on my second play through I make it harder. I don't like to start games out on harder difficulties because I know I will get owned many times due to not knowing the controls.

7. edthebig

edthebig Well-Known Member

I played it on normal the only time I played it, guess if I were to play it again I would do it on hard.

8. curtclicker

curtclicker Member

My first time I played on Hard difficulty. I enjoy challenges and usually select difficulties just higher than the standard/normal one because I feel like it gives me greater obstacles to overcome. With that said, I thought it was a great first experience.

9. beljoe

beljoe Active Member

On my first playthrough I will play on normal. I want to advance in the story rather than getting frustrated and retrying areas multiple times. If I play a second time, that's when I would try and make the most of tactical decisions and move up to a harder difficulty.

10. Drellius

Drellius Well-Known Member

Like most people I just start on the "normal" difficulty since I do not like the game being too easy or too complex on the first run. It's a personal preference and allows me to get a feel for the game.

11. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I play on casual it is a balance of difficult and easy. The game can be easy at some points, but boss fights can at least be a bit easier than playing on hard or nightmare mode.

12. imagenscape

imagenscape Well-Known Member

Im horrible at games. I still like to play them though so I start out on easy and if its to easy for me I go to normal. I probbaly would never be able to beat a game on a hard or nightmare difficulty.

13. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I usually play games on normal first, then move on the the highest difficulty if I liked the game enough and I think that with a bit of work it would be possible for me to complete it.

This was the case with Dragon Age too, I played it on Normal first time 'round and now I'm replaying it on Nightmare, and I'm not finding it TOO hard.

14. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I always play the game on the hardest difficulty possible, even if that unlocks another, higher difficulty. Then I'll move onto that unlocked difficult. Dragon Age wasn't too hard, even on the highest setting.

15. jurew2

jurew2 Active Member Regular

When I first start to play the game I usually start playing it on normal difficulty mode, because I want to have the best experience and not quit the game right on the start. After I get more used to the game I make the difficulty higher, so that the game becomes more challenging. I completed the game on the nightmare already and it is a lot of fun, you should definetely try it out if you can.

16. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member Regular

I always feel that normal is far too easy, so I usually play on hard.
    I've tried nightmare a few times but I end up getting frustrated from loading quicksaves all the time.

17. Mimsee

Mimsee Active Member

I played it on normal because I'm a pansy, but it was so easy that the combat just because a three-second nuisance. The next time I play through it, though, I'm going to try it on nightmare. I've been doing the same thing for Skryim lately (playing on Legendary after only playing on Novice) and it's added a whole new layer of strategy to the game.

18. ariana_

ariana_ Active Member

I like to play games for the storyline, so I tried playing Dragon Age Origins on easy mode. However, this was ridiculously easy so I made a new character and ended up completing it in normal mode. I know, this makes me super casual. But after the first play through, I try to challenge myself and play the game on hard, and skip the cutscenes to focus on the strategy and combat. I still haven't played Dragon Age 2, but when I get Inquisition I'm going to try to play it on normal, since I'm more experienced with RPG's now.

19. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member Regular

Wow that Skyrim jump was really insane, going from Novice to Legendary must have felt like a completely different game altogether.

20. Kleineganz

Kleineganz Well-Known Member

When I start a new game that I'm unfamiliar with, I always start with "easy" so that's what I'm using for Dragon Age: Origins right now (just got the game a couple of weeks ago). I'm still learning the mechanics and I'm already finding some of the battles in Denerim a bit tough even on easy (especially the quest to take out the Blood Mages). I'm sure a lot of that is just due to my inexperience with the game.